when do we book

Old Apr 16th 2004, 10:25 pm
Me, 2 kids and the wife

clevs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: when do we book

Hi

Have you got your visas yet?

Also I do remember some paperwork stating not to book flights until visas have been issued.

I should think that is why you see lots of threads with people just putting there house on the market or booking flights.

We leave on 30.04 and haven't sold our house yet....anyway another story.

Hope this info helps

Clevs

Old Apr 17th 2004, 9:16 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by stefian
HI Bix

you have made me feel a bit sick

wasn't aware that a temporary visa needed validation. are you saying we have to be in Oz before the 17th June. We have had no mention of that any where

Anybody help

Steph
Steph,
Was not trying to worry you - don't know the answer myself.
I have put a question on the immigration forum so let's see what turns up.
Old Apr 17th 2004, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

sunny_samantha is on a distinguished road

Going through a similar situation. Have received visas, but still have to see them in our passports! About to get house valued and on the market but also feel we have about a million things to do in the U.K. re. visiting the rellies! Haven't a clue about when to book tickets/accommodation for initial stay in Aus. We did e-mail an estate agent in Adelaide but no response yet.
Susan
Old Apr 17th 2004, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

stefian is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Bix

We received nothing from the DIMIA or the agent saying we had to validate and our visa just says we cannot enter Australia after 17th December 2007.

but anyway we are hoping for the house to complete in 4 weeks and be in Australia in about 6weeks, so that will be before the 6months validation time if there was one.

Don't worry iv'e stopped panicking

Steph
Old Apr 17th 2004, 10:21 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by stefian
Hi Bix

We received nothing from the DIMIA or the agent saying we had to validate and our visa just says we cannot enter Australia after 17th December 2007.

but anyway we are hoping for the house to complete in 4 weeks and be in Australia in about 6weeks, so that will be before the 6months validation time if there was one.

Don't worry iv'e stopped panicking

Steph
Steph,
I received a couple of replies on the immigration forum and both confirm there is no validation date on the 457 temp visa.
The time therefore starts ticking as soon as you receive the visa so get to oz prompto !
Old Apr 17th 2004, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

stefian is an unknown quantity at this point

thanx Bix
were trying, were trying. as soon as the house is signed over and money is in the bank we are off

Thanx for the info

Steph