Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

When did Straya go a)decimal b)plastic ??

Wikiposts

When did Straya go a)decimal b)plastic ??

Old Nov 3rd 2003, 10:52 pm
tennisoz

Sorry dup and Mrs D, you beat me to the punch as I hadn't read down to your posts. 1984 was it with the plastic notes? My experience at the QVM was because I was given some 'old' $50's.

TennisOz

Old Nov 3rd 2003, 11:36 pm
Badge

of course, the UK never went "metric" after decimalisation (currency) as we would be drinking 'pints' of 565ml? 'halfs' of 285ml and doing 118 ks on the Queen's Highways..

they are metric on the continent so drive at 120k. 2 more k's!!(France/Germany excepted).

interesting that Australia beat us to decimalisation ...

and too bloody right as well.

Badge

Old Nov 4th 2003, 12:47 am
tennisoz

Originally posted by badgersmount
of course, the UK never went "metric" after decimalisation (currency) as we would be drinking 'pints' of 565ml? 'halfs' of 285ml and doing 118 ks on the Queen's Highways..

they are metric on the continent so drive at 120k. 2 more k's!!(France/Germany excepted).

interesting that Australia beat us to decimalisation ...

and too bloody right as well.

Badge
You could start up a long thread on what Australia beat the UK to mate

TennisOz

Old Nov 4th 2003, 8:48 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tennisoz
You could start up a long thread on what Australia beat the UK to mate

TennisOz
Lets not, it would upset some of the natives too much, they wouldnt be able to use it to tell us how backwards our country is