Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

When is the cheapest time of year to fly to the UK?

When is the cheapest time of year to fly to the UK?

Old Nov 7th 2006, 10:52 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default When is the cheapest time of year to fly to the UK?

Generally speaking of course (for a family of 2 adults and 4 kids).

Cheers
Old Nov 7th 2006, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When is the cheapest time of year to fly to the UK?

Originally Posted by MartinLuther

Cheers
In my experience, out of school holiday times which are the peak travel periods
Old Nov 8th 2006, 1:16 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
we have just paid 2700 for 1st of jan for a 2 adults and 2 kids.check out pricerunner,,,
Old Nov 8th 2006, 1:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
TO the UK ? if so from Oz cheapest time is februrary or november, also the bits of october and january that are not school holidays. Cheap, umm with the taxes even then its around $2000 pp. Kids under 12 are 75%
Old Nov 8th 2006, 2:03 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

February - most people don't want to go to the UK for the tail end of winter
Old Nov 8th 2006, 2:07 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man
we have just paid 2700 for 1st of jan for a 2 adults and 2 kids.check out pricerunner,,,
That's pretty good.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 5:49 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
sorry martin ,i did not read your thread properly
Old Nov 8th 2006, 5:55 am
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all

Originally Posted by aston man
Thats good..is that $2700 return??
Old Nov 8th 2006, 5:58 am
Banned

Originally Posted by midwifetanya
Thats good..is that $2700 return??

sorry everyone i am flying from the u.k...

sorry
Old Nov 8th 2006, 6:14 am
Account Closed

Thanks for the replies everyone - I'll try and spread some karma later.

I'll start looking into some Feb dates (and dig out our old coats - do you think they'll be back in fashion after 2.5 years of no use ). Nov is too soon for this year and too late for next.

Cheers
Old Nov 9th 2006, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

dani is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just booked with Emirates (via their website) for departure 26th Jan return into Sydney 25th Feb cost $2216. All the flights I checked were around that price.

Dani
Old Nov 9th 2006, 8:02 am
Account Closed

Just to update.

I had a look on Zuji last night and found out that you could put in flexible dates over several month (they couldn't do that last time I looked - which is why I asked the question here).

I put in a search for Jan-Sep and it came back with a couple of options less than $8000 (including taxes) for 2 adults and 3 kids (I have to ring up about the infant). The Austrian Airways option was in Jan/Feb (but with an overnight connection in VIE on the return leg). The Cathay one was slightly more but much more flexible and didn't require an overnight stay.

I think I'll give Flight Centre a call. Last time they were able to undercut Zuji.

Cheers

Last edited by MartinLuther; Nov 9th 2006 at 8:04 am.