Reload this Page >

when to buy computor????

Wikiposts

when to buy computor????

Old Jan 15th 2004, 12:16 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: when to buy computor????

Originally posted by Majj
I have a US keyboard but changed the layout style to the UK layout and memorised UK key postions like @ etc.

I think I may know what you're referring to above regarding the option above, but I can only make it work in Word and not excel. If you can do it in both please could you enlighten me.

Cheers Majj
Go to the START button, bottom left corner.
Select SETTINGS
Select CONTROL PANEL
Select KEYBOARD
Select LANGUAGE - at this point you will see it shows one keyboard language, either UK or US
Select ADD
now select the keyboard option you wish to add, you may need the Windows CD.
After this is all done, you should have a blue icon in the botom right panel of the screen showing En.

In the future just left click on this and you can select whichever keyboard layout you wish to use at the time. This covers all programs, as it is an Operating System operation.

Old Jan 15th 2004, 1:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Go to the START button, bottom left corner.
Select SETTINGS
Select CONTROL PANEL
Select KEYBOARD
Select LANGUAGE - at this point you will see it shows one keyboard language, either UK or US
Select ADD
now select the keyboard option you wish to add, you may need the Windows CD.
After this is all done, you should have a blue icon in the botom right panel of the screen showing En.

In the future just left click on this and you can select whichever keyboard layout you wish to use at the time. This covers all programs, as it is an Operating System operation.
Thats the current configuration I curently use - thanks for that anyway. I did manage to assign shortcuts to characters without changing the whole keyboard layout but only in Microsoft Word, through tools customise keyboard.

But I'll just continue to use the UK keyboard layout on my US computer. I've learnt where the keys are, it just confuses everyone else when they press the keys and something else pops up.

Anyway damn those americans for not putting a "£" sign on their keyboards.
cheers Majj
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:51 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Majj
Thats the current configuration I curently use - thanks for that anyway. I did manage to assign shortcuts to characters without changing the whole keyboard layout but only in Microsoft Word, through tools customise keyboard.

But I'll just continue to use the UK keyboard layout on my US computer. I've learnt where the keys are, it just confuses everyone else when they press the keys and something else pops up.

Anyway damn those americans for not putting a "£" sign on their keyboards.
cheers Majj
When you get to select Language, do you now have two languages available to you, both British & United States ?

I just pulled out my UK keyboard to see what the differences are again, it was covered in thick dust, yuk.
I can't compare fully, they have a different number of physical keys. !

Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:52 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you see my post?

hold alt and type 0163 on the numeric keypad. £ pops up. No need to swap keyboards.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 10:25 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by bondipom
Did you see my post?

hold alt and type 0163 on the numeric keypad. £ pops up. No need to swap keyboards.
I didn't £, hey it works.

Now, how do we assign that combination to, say, the F12 key ? Cause i don't use that for anything else, at least I don't think we do