Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Police checks....

Police checks....

Old Jan 12th 2004, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Police checks....

Has anyone out there had their police checks done recently?

In particular Nottinghamshire Police, ( but any will do ).

If so, how long did they take to come back at this time of year?

Thanks in advance,
Old Jan 12th 2004, 6:44 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police checks....

Originally posted by steandleigh

Thanks in advance,

Hi Steve Bannister who posts on this forum had his police clearance in 2 days, last week.
Must be a world record.

Cheers.
Old Jan 12th 2004, 6:46 pm
WBB

Originally posted by ADELAIDE BOUND
Hi Steve Bannister who posts on this forum had his police clearance in 2 days, last week.
Must be a world record.

Cheers.

they are processing them very quickly at the moment, you should get them well within a month.

good luck.

Old Jan 12th 2004, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

craigstacey is an unknown quantity at this point

My parents went to the local police station and were out within half an hour, did call in the morning to say they were coming that day mind!
We live in Guernsey so not too much going on at the police station in the afternoons
Old Jan 12th 2004, 6:58 pm
Account Closed

dazzac is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks in advance,
Ours took a week. Its actually handled by the Data Protection people. They just look you up on the police computers to see if you have any history. Guess its just a case of how busy they are to how quickly you get the letter.
Old Jan 12th 2004, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys, for the replies. ( that rhymed didn't it!!!)

I suppose they'll send them back when they feel like it, am wondering what method they use to send your replies back though. I have sent our original passports as proof of I.D. Cost me £4.10 at the post office to send it all " special delivery ", yeah, right, special rip off price, more like.

I can't see the rozzers paying that to send them back to me!

Hope they don't get lost in the return post!!!
Old Jan 12th 2004, 7:59 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

They come back by normal post. Your passports will be checked by the local HQ, they will return those to you at once, they send the check to London and it comes back from there direct - at the moment they have no backlog and are very quick!
Old Jan 12th 2004, 8:20 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Originally posted by welshboybilly
they are processing them very quickly at the moment, you should get them well within a month.

good luck.

That is if they do not send them back to the wrong address like they did with us. The report was sent to a house we have not lived for 10 years!
Old Jan 12th 2004, 9:30 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Originally posted by cinderella
That is if they do not send them back to the wrong address like they did with us. The report was sent to a house we have not lived for 10 years!
posted ours 1st January, letter received back dated 9 January receipt of money sent, it just says you will receive a response from the national identification service, new scottland yard in due course, then underneath says it could take up to 40 days to arrive.
So looks like they are in no hurry.
Old Jan 12th 2004, 9:35 pm
WBB

Originally posted by jensteve
posted ours 1st January, letter received back dated 9 January receipt of money sent, it just says you will receive a response from the national identification service, new scottland yard in due course, then underneath says it could take up to 40 days to arrive.
So looks like they are in no hurry.

that is the standard letter they send out, with mine they also returned my birth certificate and other proof.

Old Jan 13th 2004, 8:29 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Alright steandleigh

Any idea if the form I require for the police check (from Nottm to) has a ID number or ID name I can quote when I go to the cop shop.

TT

Thanks in advance,
Old Jan 13th 2004, 8:32 am
WBB

Originally posted by TrickyTree
Alright steandleigh

Any idea if the form I require for the police check (from Nottm to) has a ID number or ID name I can quote when I go to the cop shop.

TT

it is called a subject access form, dont be suprised if the rozzers look at you like a freak when you ask for it though.

take some ID and your cheque book and they will send it there and then, you should get it all back within a month.

Old Jan 13th 2004, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by TrickyTree
Alright steandleigh

TT
Hi TT,

have sent you a pm.
Old Jan 13th 2004, 8:38 am
Adelaide here we come

kittenlips is an unknown quantity at this point

Ours only took a week to come back and that was over the Christmas period!
Old Jan 13th 2004, 8:51 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Police checks

We sent ours off ,
Letter received back within 10 days with copies of birth certs and a compliment slip saying

".. info sent to scotland yard , reply should be within 6 weeks "
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
brisbane2sun.bmp (241.9 KB, 58 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.