Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

When is the best time to go ?

When is the best time to go ?

Old Aug 20th 2004, 3:20 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When is the best time to go ?

Originally Posted by DIMO8
Thanks G and Siren
I just want to make the 3 weeks holiday prove to me that Oz is where i want to be. My heart is there already, i just need to convince my head its the right move to make. But you are right it doesnt matter when i go to see it as long as i do.
We recently went to NSW and Adelaide in their winter and were pleasantly surprised having only usually been in spring.

G
Old Aug 20th 2004, 3:25 pm

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
We recently went to NSW and Adelaide in their winter and were pleasantly surprised having only usually been in spring.

G
Were do you reside permanently G.
Old Aug 20th 2004, 3:29 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Were do you reside permanently G.
Derbyshire at the moment.
My son lives in Adelaide.He used to live in Perth, Brisbane then Sydney.
I have spent a fair amount of time in NSW and Queensland.

Never been to Perth though

Probably going to Central NSW coast soon.

G
Old Aug 20th 2004, 3:36 pm

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent! its nice that you have been fortunate to travel so much.. I had the opportunity to travel because of being in nursing but before i knew it i was settled in a relationship, married, had two kids and there's 18yrs gone in a flash. I am not giving the chance up again for no one this time. I am lucky as Hubby and kids have itchy feet too
Old Aug 20th 2004, 3:41 pm
Bitter and twisted

Excellent! its nice that you have been fortunate to travel so much.. I had the opportunity to travel because of being in nursing but before i knew it i was settled in a relationship, married, had two kids and there's 18yrs gone in a flash. I am not giving the chance up again for no one this time. I am lucky as Hubby and kids have itchy feet too
I've just retired as an NHS nurse.

Didn't travel much until our boys finished University. Just waiting for my wife to take early retirement.

I will probably work part time over there. I have been registered in NSW for a few years.

Best wishes

G
Old Aug 20th 2004, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

PHIZA is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers PHIZA! I wont forget that offer, it will be great to keep in touch and have a friendly face to see when we get there. We live just outside LIverpool in Whiston. How long has your application taken ?
I was lucky enough to marry an Aussie mate, so it only took just over a month for the Spouse Visa after application!

By the way does that make you a Toffey Nose or a proper Red Scouser!
Old Aug 20th 2004, 3:50 pm

Ive worked for the NHS for all my career. 9yrs on a Burns unit and the remaining on ICU. When we decided we wanted to live in Oz i was addament i did'nt want to nurse anymore ( even though i still enjoy it) i felt i wanted to try something different, befor it was too late. But i don't know what i would do!!! I am not sure whether i MUST Nurse to qualify for my visa anyhow, i will have to look in to it
Old Aug 20th 2004, 4:02 pm

Niether for me mate! Born in Yorkshire and we follow Rugby

COME ON YOU SAINTS
Old Aug 20th 2004, 4:08 pm
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough

COME ON YOU SAINTS
when the sun shines ?
Old Aug 20th 2004, 4:23 pm

Call me stupid but what do you mean ( sorry)
Old Aug 20th 2004, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

PHIZA is an unknown quantity at this point

COME ON YOU SAINTS

At least you support a good rugby team!!
Old Aug 20th 2004, 9:53 pm
Badge

good post. People forget the temps published are often max temps. The sun is quite important as it means the max temp is achieved quicker or the lower ambient temp feels better..

Old Aug 20th 2004, 9:57 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by badgersmount
good post. People forget the temps published are often max temps. The sun is quite important as it means the max temp is achieved quicker or the lower ambient temp feels better..
G'day Badge.