What's your story?

Wikiposts

What's your story?

Old Sep 29th 2003, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Talking Debsy

Originally posted by debsy
Nice post Rach. Just thought I would let you know that Terry is now in Melbourne. I spoke to him today and he is loving it there.
Debs

Thanks Debs for your kind words!
came from the heart mate!
do give my regards to Terry when you next speak to him and wish him well
with hugs to you
rach
Old Sep 29th 2003, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: Debsy

Originally posted by nosuchluck
Thanks Debs for your kind words!
came from the heart mate!
do give my regards to Terry when you next speak to him and wish him well
with hugs to you
rach
Ok rach will do. Are you ok?
Old Sep 29th 2003, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Debsy

Originally posted by debsy
Ok rach will do. Are you ok?
yeah fine thanks, especially now the TRA have positively assessed Mark, at least now we can prepare for the long wait! hope that the next 50 or so weeks go as quickly as the last 50!
feel a bit more confident now! don't know if thats a good thing though, ever the pessimist i suppose!
hugs
rach
Old Sep 29th 2003, 7:56 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hi Terrg,
I think it’s a nice idea and lets others know that there in a similar situation.

My / our story (Me 32 & my wife :scared:24) is that we won’t a better quality of life than here in the UK. I got married just under a year ago and my fiancé knew that I wonted to emigrate from the UK to Australia one day. She’s Ukrainian and was living just outside Paris, but I sometimes think she would prefer if we moved there. (She loved it, picked up the language easy and liked the lifestyle and countryside – she only speaks 5 :lecture:languages!)

I had wanted to emigrate before, but couldn’t work out how to get the points I needed. I’m an Incorporated Mechanical Engineer, and fell between a rock & a hard place because I wasn’t shop floor & didn’t have a degree so I couldn’t be an engineer. I couldn’t apply to the TRA & didn’t meet the Institute of Engineers Australia (IEA) criteria.

My wife knew this and found it funny that she could apply in her own right as a teacher and get strait in:PARTY:!!(Life is cruel like that!!) It was about January this year when I was looking at registering with the engineering institutions in the UK that I looked again at the IEA web site and found that it had been updated and I could easily apply under the Washington accord, which had been ratified about 2 years ago!
I sent off my application to them, with my CV, position in the company and all my qualifications and paid by credit card & about 2 weeks later a letter arrived telling me my ASCO no.

We finally managed to pull together all the paperwork by June, only one or two delays with my wife’s paperwork and a little trip back to the Ukraine to sort it all out.
We had medicals and the police checks all together by now, so I sent it all off by mid June. I hope that front end loading the application with the police check and the medical will help, but if not then it’s not hindered it.

I received the confirmation email on 27th June that it had been received and processing would start. Now it’s just the waiting bit.

In the mean time, I’ve decided to become a student again, trying for an MSc and oh yeh, the wife’s pregnant. I don’t know what this does to the application, but I have the feeling I might be in the UK for a while longer than I planned.

Well that’s it for us, anyone got any advice?

Bye, all Markeh.