bloomberg = 2.3645
Clydesdale Bank = 2.363

bloomberg is the mid rate (now 2.3666)
Old Dec 11th 2003, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

PeterAndSue is an unknown quantity at this point

Just talked to HSBC.
For the first fifteen minutes the lady tried to give me a rate of
2.2405. When I said this was probably a tourist rate, she eventually put me through to another guy who quoted
2.3290 still the worst of the bunch !!!
Old Dec 11th 2003, 11:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PeterAndSue
Just talked to HSBC.
For the first fifteen minutes the lady tried to give me a rate of
2.2405. When I said this was probably a tourist rate, she eventually put me through to another guy who quoted
2.3290 still the worst of the bunch !!!
Yep, you'll always see tourist rates and market rates in the papers (well the broadsheets anyway). The tourist rates will have buy and sell eg 2.24 and 2.48. That means if I wanted to get $'s with £'s I would get $2.24 per £; if I wanted to change the other way I would have to hand over $2.48 to get a £. Banks make a huge profit on the difference between the two rates.

Usually, as an approximate guide the market rate, which interests people transferring to a bank account (not buying or selling currency) will be in between eg 2.36 in my example.

OzTennis
Old Dec 11th 2003, 11:05 am
Just Joined

pom_uk is an unknown quantity at this point

At 11:15 was quoted on £30k

Halewood - 2.3583
Commonwealth - 2.3530 (but said would match Halewood)

Pom_UK
Old Dec 11th 2003, 11:29 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats Your Exchange Rate today ?

Originally posted by OzTennis
Ken

That's a good rate. The Clydesdale are owned by the National Bank in Australia. Have you opened a National account in Oz via the Clydesdale as this is one option we are looking at presently?

OzTennis
I didn't know that: we actually have a Fidelity account which is linked to a Clydesdale cheque account. Fidelity wire money without charge and at a good x-rate but perhaps Clydesdale could too.
Old Dec 11th 2003, 11:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats Your Exchange Rate today ?

Originally posted by Rog Williams
I didn't know that: we actually have a Fidelity account which is linked to a Clydesdale cheque account. Fidelity wire money without charge and at a good x-rate but perhaps Clydesdale could too.
Yep, pretty sure, now I'm having doubts, no I'm sure the National own the Clydesdale (bought it from the Midland, now HSBC), the Ulster Bank and the Yorkshire Bank.

OzTennis