Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Whats wrong with us

Whats wrong with us

Old Mar 16th 2006, 11:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all
Unhappy Whats wrong with us

Hi all

Its the 17th march and we leave on the 5th May and we dont have any kind of feeling about going

WHAT IS WRONG WITH US

We are defiantly not having any second thoughts about going.
Has anyone felt the same way.

Beth
Old Mar 16th 2006, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

wannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Whats wrong with us

Originally Posted by zbettyboop
Hi all

Its the 17th march and we leave on the 5th May and we dont have any kind of feeling about going

WHAT IS WRONG WITH US

Beth
I reckon you are a little stunned!!! You have probably been dreaming of this time for years, and now its happening you dont recognise the emotion!!!

Ohhhhh maybe I will be a psychotherapist!!! Lol
Old Mar 17th 2006, 12:05 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

WHAT IS WRONG WITH US

Beth
you go thro a phase like that....all the waiting for the visa etc is over....you know u want to go and everything is just plodding along....just u wa
it until 2 weeks b4 u go...then u will know what mixed feelings are about

Hang in there
Old Mar 17th 2006, 1:33 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

Hi all

WHAT IS WRONG WITH US

Beth
It'll hit you soon enough! just make sure you fill your last few weeks with as much people/fun/nitesout/family/sightseeing stuff as you can! think of what you'll miss most-dont just have ONE last meal/niteout with your mates cos you'll wonder why you didnt do it more. GET STUCK IN while you can! have lots of
Old Mar 17th 2006, 1:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry. We were totally calm and chilled for the last month. We had nothing left to do and didn't have anything to get stressed about.
Old Mar 17th 2006, 4:19 am
gjs
Forum Regular

gjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud of

Hi all

WHAT IS WRONG WITH US

Beth
Thought it was just me!! We fly out on 24th April and I feel exactly the same.I think it's because my head is buzzing so much with things left to do here that-there isn't much space left for thinking of Oz ie we only exchanged on the house on Tuesday, am still packing, haven't organised freight yet,DD(teenage) being...a teenager etc etc Also, as our family are in Scotland and we're going up there for a few weeks before we go to say all those goodbyes,I'm really more focused on that at the moment.I think I've sort of compartmentalised things IYSWIM otherwise my head would explode.I'm planning on getting excited on take off!And definitely not having second thoughts either.
Old Mar 17th 2006, 4:39 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

I was pretty much the same, it really didn't sink in until I arrived here - and probably not for a few more weeks after that.

I remember saying goodbye to people and feeling very detached about it all - they'd be crying away and saying how much they'd miss me and I was like, 'what's the big deal?' It wasn't until it all caught up with me that I realised what the deal was!!
Old Mar 17th 2006, 6:56 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chels
I was pretty much the same, it really didn't sink in until I arrived here - and probably not for a few more weeks after that.

I remember saying goodbye to people and feeling very detached about it all - they'd be crying away and saying how much they'd miss me and I was like, 'what's the big deal?' It wasn't until it all caught up with me that I realised what the deal was!!
I was exactly the same. I thought i would be all emotional about saying goodbye to my friends (whom i have known for 15 odd years) they were crying buckets and I was like 'ok see ya'. I feel bad now looking back on it but at the time it just didn't seem real. I felt like i was going on holiday. It still does really and we have been here 2 months today. The only time i got emotional was saying goodbye to my son (another story) and my mum and dad. It will sink in eventually....best of luck on your trip though and enjoy the last few weeks with your friends and family. You will be glad you did.
Sue
Old Mar 17th 2006, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

WHAT IS WRONG WITH US

Beth

I cannot wait. We leave Surrey on the 27th April and go up and see all our family and friends for 2 weeks in Scotland, also got a wedding but i cannot wait to be sitting on that plane. I just want to leave Now. Its arranging all the bills and house stuff that is getting to me more than the visa process

Im not scared or nervous (yet) i just want to be on that plane.
Old Mar 17th 2006, 7:42 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

WHAT IS WRONG WITH US

Beth

Hi Beth,

I just want to go now....Exchange on the 5th May and flights book for the 3rd June! Getting really impatient as I feel we've finished with this part of our lives and want to try out the next. On a lighter note are you joining us for some lunch on 15th April in Dundee.....I think the usual suspects are coming, Sandra was going to drive from Glasgow?

Cheers
Ginny
Old Mar 17th 2006, 11:49 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

angel and gjs -I noticed you're both in surrey- which bit if you dont mind me asking?
Old Mar 17th 2006, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

bleugh is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by squeezzii
angel and gjs -I noticed you're both in surrey- which bit if you dont mind me asking?

heh, 27th october for me!
Old Mar 17th 2006, 4:23 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

WHAT IS WRONG WITH US

Beth
Probably mental-fatigue leading to a kind of empathy about the whole thing.

Also, I guess you could compare it to getting that toy for Xmas that you wanted for ages, when you were a child. After a while it loses it's novelty. I think the real euphoria comes with getting the visa and the period leading up to actually going is akin to that time after you got used to the toy.

Having said that, I really miss my Action Man.
Old Mar 17th 2006, 4:45 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

WHAT IS WRONG WITH US

Beth

God I think this whole process just lets you exoperience every possible emotion going!!!

We should exchange contracts on the house next week and hopefully going early June at the moment we are feeling sheer panic and what the fek are we doing!!!! :scared:

Did you have that emotion!!!
Old Mar 17th 2006, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Stitch
Hi Beth,

I just want to go now....Exchange on the 5th May and flights book for the 3rd June! Getting really impatient as I feel we've finished with this part of our lives and want to try out the next. On a lighter note are you joining us for some lunch on 15th April in Dundee.....I think the usual suspects are coming, Sandra was going to drive from Glasgow?

Cheers
Ginny

Hi Ginny

Would love to go but its a bit far for me to travel.

Beth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.