Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Whats wrong with Buderim??

Whats wrong with Buderim??

Old Jun 6th 2006, 4:17 pm
Banned

trublutu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Whats wrong with Buderim??

Watched " a place in the sun"-Queensland looked like paradise, the houses adorable-yet some bitterly complain about the sunshine coast-if you have the house, a good car and a job...what could be so bad?
Old Jun 6th 2006, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats wrong with Buderim??

Originally Posted by trublutu
Watched " a place in the sun"-Queensland looked like paradise, the houses adorable-yet some bitterly complain about the sunshine coast-if you have the house, a good car and a job...what could be so bad?
Buderim was on Place in the sun?? When was this?
Old Jun 6th 2006, 4:20 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Buderim was on Place in the sun?? When was this?
Last night-and probably tonight also-it looked absolutely aaammaaazzing-so did cairns and Noosa.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Last night-and probably tonight also-it looked absolutely aaammaaazzing-so did cairns and Noosa.
What channel?
Old Jun 6th 2006, 4:22 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
What channel?
i think discovery. Buderim,like i said, looked so much better than I expected-it didnt look like a bland cookie-cutter town at all.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 4:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

i saw that last night on Travel and living chanel , all the houses looked fantastic but it must have been filmed a couple of years ago as i noticed the exchange rate was from 2002 un less my eye sight was playing me up.
Mandy
Old Jun 6th 2006, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all

The only complaint I have, is it is on a hill and to get in or out you have to drive up and down a winding road, which is hard when you have been for a . I complain about the traffic during the school runs now that is a Pain and I dont even live there.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

fox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nice

Some people are never happy.We live on the Sunshine Coast (Caloundra just down from Buderim)We,ve rented a lovely house , got a car , the kids go to a great school , the wife is working (i'm not YET!) and the sun keeps shining.Happy days! And to answer your question there is nothing wrong with Buderim , yes its on a hill but you catch the cool sea breezes in the summer and you are only a stones throw from Maroochydore .
Old Jun 7th 2006, 1:09 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mandy&Cliff
The only complaint I have, is it is on a hill and to get in or out you have to drive up and down a winding road, which is hard when you have been for a . I complain about the traffic during the school runs now that is a Pain and I dont even live there.
We moved into our own place in Buderim a couple of months ago, lovely place to live, nice places to eat, nice walk's even a waterfall,fantastic ocean views from the the top, only one complaint to many people think the same and its busy.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

jdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud of

Absolutely nothing...

Some people just like to whinge loads and make the worst of things...
Old Jun 7th 2006, 10:20 am
Just Joined

OzzieW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fox's2oz
Some people are never happy.We live on the Sunshine Coast (Caloundra just down from Buderim)We,ve rented a lovely house , got a car , the kids go to a great school , the wife is working (i'm not YET!) and the sun keeps shining.Happy days! And to answer your question there is nothing wrong with Buderim , yes its on a hill but you catch the cool sea breezes in the summer and you are only a stones throw from Maroochydore .
We're moving to Queensland at the end of the year & we really want to live on the sunshine coast. Is there a problem getting work?
Old Jun 7th 2006, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

fox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nice

Originally Posted by OzzieW
We're moving to Queensland at the end of the year & we really want to live on the sunshine coast. Is there a problem getting work?
all depends what you do as with everywhere and how flexible you are.What do you do?
Old Jun 7th 2006, 10:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fox's2oz
all depends what you do as with everywhere and how flexible you are.What do you do?
I'm an architectural technician / CAD draftsman.

I've been looking on various job websites & all the jobs seem to be in Brisbane. The wages look about 40% less than what I earn here.

Last edited by OzzieW; Jun 7th 2006 at 10:52 am. Reason: spelling mistake
Old Jun 7th 2006, 10:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzzieW
I'm an architectutal technician / CAD draftsman.

I've been looking on various job websites & all the jobs seem to be in Brisbane. The wages look about 40% less than what I earn here.
But is this the type of job you would walk into in the UK if you moved to a coastal region with a population of 250,000 people.

Or would you expect by moving to any coastal area, australia or UK to possibly have to commute or create your own employment

Often the same things apply. In all australian States, people of all professions live on the coasts, in the hills, on acerages etc, but just like the UK those places wont have the volume of jobs say london would have.

Plus I dont think unless you are going into mining australias a place where your profession will pay more, it works in reverse, aussies go overseas to earn money.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 11:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jad n rich
But is this the type of job you would walk into in the UK if you moved to a coastal region with a population of 250,000 people.

Or would you expect by moving to any coastal area, australia or UK to possibly have to commute or create your own employment

Often the same things apply. In all australian States, people of all professions live on the coasts, in the hills, on acerages etc, but just like the UK those places wont have the volume of jobs say london would have.

Plus I dont think unless you are going into mining australias a place where your profession will pay more, it works in reverse, aussies go overseas to earn money.

I think you can find work in most towns that have architects practises, but most of the jobs are in the major cities where the larger firms tend to be.
Wherever there is building/construction, you need someone to do the drawings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.