Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

whats the worse thing about living in australia

whats the worse thing about living in australia

Old Feb 23rd 2009, 10:36 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: whats the worse thing about living in australia

Without a doubt the bugs / spiders /insects. They are so large they look like they have been contaminated with radiation
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 10:46 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sr71
You do realise that it is an English sport and has a huge following in the North of England?
Of course but it's bigger/better here - and it's still shite.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LauraV
The looks I get from the locals whenever I open my mouth. You would think they'd never heard a Scottish accent before (granted, some may not have). The other thing that gets my goat is being asked what part of Ireland I come from. Apart from that it's great.
Someone thought I was Welsh the other day, despite the fact that I told him I used to live just North of Edinburgh!
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 10:56 pm
Sharon

irishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud of

Don`t worry about laura us norn iron folks get the same what part of scotland r u from the ask so i then put on a scottish accent just to correct them lmao. Also we were told that australia people r so friendly (not all of them) thats def wrong (watch the posts i get for this lol)

Last edited by irishfamily; Feb 23rd 2009 at 10:58 pm.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

nessyp is on a distinguished road

moaning poms
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 11:41 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

Im sick of the 'we're the best' attitude. They are very insular. If I hear them harping on about the 'true blue' aussie spirit any more I'M GOING TO SCREAM! anyone would think that they are the only society to rally round in times of trouble
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 11:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of

being asked what part of scotland im from , you would think with the amount of irish in the place they would be able to tell the difference by now
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 11:53 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Galaxy chocolate tastes different.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ireland
being asked what part of scotland im from , you would think with the amount of irish in the place they would be able to tell the difference by now

I get this too... they just know we arent londoners and are then confused because you know that england is London only!!
Old Feb 24th 2009, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Seeing everyone stare at you as soon as you open your mouth to talk (in the beginning I hardly spoke in shops, now I just don't care!)

Crap clothes shops (shoes too)

Really awful dress sense (fair isle knitted tank tops and shell suits)

Ridiculous prices of somethings (although it has stopped the choccie addiction)

Crap TV

Crap radio

Country and Western music

Isolation from the rest of the world

Not being able to nip over to one of the many wonderful European cities

Blimey, I was only going up a couple of things, I could go on........

But then I chose to come here, nobody made me, so I guess it's my problem

Sam
Old Feb 24th 2009, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really nice

Originally Posted by WelshSarah
I get this too... they just know we arent londoners and are then confused because you know that england is London only!!
Wel, I'm a Londoner and have lost count of how many people have said 'ooo - wanna nice coop-a-tea and a coorant boon'
Old Feb 24th 2009, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Eastend Girl
Wel, I'm a Londoner and have lost count of how many people have said 'ooo - wanna nice coop-a-tea and a coorant boon'
Yes but thats because they are Northerners!!

Which, according to my London friends is anywhere past the WATFORD GAP!!
Old Feb 24th 2009, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really nice

Originally Posted by WelshSarah
Yes but thats because they are Northerners!!

Which, according to my London friends is anywhere past the WATFORD GAP!!
Isn't it????
Old Feb 24th 2009, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

dpwilliams is a jewel in the roughdpwilliams is a jewel in the roughdpwilliams is a jewel in the roughdpwilliams is a jewel in the rough

The three things that I was disappointed with when I came to Sydney were:

1 - The poor public transport system
2 - The inability of drivers to handle having cyclists on the same road
3 - The complex and ultimately poor health system
Old Feb 24th 2009, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Eastend Girl
Isn't it????

Oh god!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.