Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

whats the weather like in Brisbane ?

whats the weather like in Brisbane ?

Old May 11th 2005, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Hazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant future
Default whats the weather like in Brisbane ?

We are doing a validation trip to Brisbane arriving 25the may, just wondered what the weather is like at the moment, its it still warm enough for shorts ?stuggling to decide what type of clothes to bring.

Hazel
Old May 11th 2005, 11:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: whats the weather like in Brisbane ?

Originally Posted by Hazel T
We are doing a validation trip to Brisbane arriving 25the may, just wondered what the weather is like at the moment, its it still warm enough for shorts ?stuggling to decide what type of clothes to bring.

Hazel
Bring your brolly, its throwing it down!!!!!
Old May 11th 2005, 11:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Hazel
Just barely. Its been fairly overcast and miserable for a few days, and is set to get worse tomorrow. After that, sun will be out again for a while.

I'd pack for UK spring type weather,

Cheers,
JTL
Old May 11th 2005, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Hazel
Hi Hazel,
we were here last May and had a couple of cooler days with a little rain, but mostly shorts and t-shirt weather. However!!!!......... for the last 2 weeks or so it's been very changeable, and we've had a lot of overcast skies and rain.

Last weekend I was on the sunshine coast and it was pouring, drove home to Kallangur (outer north suburbs) and it was sunny for a few hours then went horrible again!

We're all hoping for good weather on Saturday as we're meeting for a BBQ, could be under the brolly, just like in Blighty!
Old May 11th 2005, 1:38 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by logan
Hi Hazel,
we were here last May and had a couple of cooler days with a little rain, but mostly shorts and t-shirt weather. However!!!!......... for the last 2 weeks or so it's been very changeable, and we've had a lot of overcast skies and rain.

Last weekend I was on the sunshine coast and it was pouring, drove home to Kallangur (outer north suburbs) and it was sunny for a few hours then went horrible again!

We're all hoping for good weather on Saturday as we're meeting for a BBQ, could be under the brolly, just like in Blighty!
The first Brisbane meet, at Wynnum about 18 months ago, ended in a VERY memorable cloudburst - when we drove away the water was up to the doorsills! Lots of Poms (and some Aussies) doing impressions of drowned rats but still smiling!
Can't make Saturday as The Bloke is working, but hope it turns fine for you.
Old May 11th 2005, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

asfry is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Bring your brolly, its throwing it down!!!!!
I'll second that, got absolutely soaked walking to bus stop this morning!! I really need to invest in a decent brolly!
Old May 11th 2005, 11:22 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Typical Scottish weather in Brisbane at the moment its been pretty miserable for a few weeks now & cooler too.
Wished i had brought the kids wellies now !!

Donna.
Old May 11th 2005, 11:28 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Hazel
Went for a bite to eat in the CBD last night and wished to god I'd put my Helly Hanson, thermal coat on instead of just a thin short-sleeved shirt.

Funny, I was cursing that damned coat at the airport because it was so big and bulky - "why the hell am I bringing this bloody big thing to Australia - I'll never need it" - amazing how often I'm proved wrong.

R
Old May 11th 2005, 11:36 pm
GLR
Forum Regular

GLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the rough

I've just come in to work on the City Cat and there's so much rain out there that we were almost able to sail down Eagle St. Definitely bring a brolly and a coat!

Amusingly they're talking about bringing in water restrictions on Friday (and before anyone replies, yes, I know that the reservoirs are still empty and that we need weeks of rain like this...)

Cheers

GLR
Old May 11th 2005, 11:40 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by GLR
I've just come in to work on the City Cat and there's so much rain out there that we were almost able to sail down Eagle St. Definitely bring a brolly and a coat!

Amusingly they're talking about bringing in water restrictions on Friday (and before anyone replies, yes, I know that the reservoirs are still empty and that we need weeks of rain like this...)

Cheers

GLR
Can I just ask why you are named after Greater London Rail?

R
Old May 11th 2005, 11:43 pm
ABCDiamond

Has anyone heard what happened to the water restrictions that were supposed to be starting this week ?

A Newspaper report:
Good rain outlook for Qld
The weather bureau says the chance of good rainfall in Queensland's south-east is the best it has been for months.
There have been showers along most of the coast in the past week with the best falls recorded on the Gold and Sunshine Coasts.
Maroochydore has received 111 millimetres and Point Arkwright 169.
The bureau's Mike Bergin says more rain is expected on Wednesday and Thursday.
"Fingers crossed this is the best rain situation we've seen coming across Queensland in several months," he said.
"The rains could be quite general through the interior of the state as well before it gets to eastern districts.
"So we're quite optimistic we'll see some reasonable rainfall through quite a few districts out of this event."

Old May 11th 2005, 11:49 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Has anyone heard what happened to the water restrictions that were supposed to be starting this week ?

A Newspaper report:
Our pool is over flowing...and this morning had to put a jumper on because it was so cold when we got up..not for long though, raining it is, but I have warmed up

spalens wife
Old May 11th 2005, 11:52 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Lovely, Lovely, Lovely rain ( yes it's lovely, I could use the word it's exquisite, or gorgeous, or Beautiful, or wonderful )

The smell on the trees, the smell on the wood, the grass - hope this rain stays for weeks and weeks lol. The peaceful great outdoors on the weekends while everyone stays inside buildings.

Bring a couple cardigans and trousers such for the evenings too, I wouldn't like to wear shorts in the evenings at the moment , it's getting cold in the evenings 21c around say 9pm. I wore a jumper all day yesterday as I was cold with it being overcast. I have another on today with all this rain.

Maybe a light weight mac for a coat will do you for the rain and won't weigh your suitcase down - a" pack a mac" or something

shorts and T-shirts ok for the day when the sun is out, when the sun is out the days are nice and warm, , but I'd bring some trousers and some lightweight jumpers for the rainy days, and for the nights/evenings when the sun goes in and the temp drops.

cheers

Last edited by Ceri; May 11th 2005 at 11:55 pm.
Old May 12th 2005, 12:22 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Hazel
100 % percent humidity at the moment falling vertically at a tremendous rate of knots
Old May 12th 2005, 12:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

A Newspaper report:
Apparently I've turned invisible again

http://www.britishexpats.com/forum/s...47#post2368047

They are going ahead with the 40% dam level measures on Friday regardless of whether is chucks it down for the next 2 days, and even though most dams are still above that level. I think they're trying to get Mrs D off their backs.

JTL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.