Reload this Page >

Whats Townsville like????

Whats Townsville like????

Old May 5th 2009, 9:09 am
Just Joined

annette5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Whats Townsville like????

Hello,

Well we are thinking my husbands job may take us to Townsville and would love to hear any info about this area.

I looked at the internet last night but real people with real experience is better I think!!!

So please help and tell us what areas are nice to live in, schools..all ages!!

And anything else that would be usefull

BIG thanks in advance
Annette
Old May 5th 2009, 12:00 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats Townsville like????

Originally Posted by annette5
Hello,

Well we are thinking my husbands job may take us to Townsville and would love to hear any info about this area.

I looked at the internet last night but real people with real experience is better I think!!!

So please help and tell us what areas are nice to live in, schools..all ages!!

And anything else that would be usefull

BIG thanks in advance
Annette
Hi Annette

We've been in Townsville for nearly 3 years and love it here. Kirwan seems to be pretty popular for families but it is a huge suburb and some parts are nicer than others. Willows is the shopping Mall in Kirwan and is currently expanding and should be very nice when completed. You've also got cinemas as Cannon Park as well as places to eat there. For schools....I'm very happy with Kirwan High as it suits my 14 year old very well as it runs a top scholar program which he got into as he's very academic. It's got a good name for sports excellence as well but it's a huge school and might not suit every child. If you're looking for a private school in Kirwan then take a look at Ryan. The Grammar school, also private, isn't in Kirwan but has an excellent reputation . It also depends on where your husband is working as to where you might want to live so if you give me a bit more information I can perhaps help you a bit more. Off to bed now though so it will have to be after work tomorrow.
Old May 5th 2009, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Bluekim has a brilliant futureBluekim has a brilliant futureBluekim has a brilliant futureBluekim has a brilliant futureBluekim has a brilliant futureBluekim has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The A Team
Hi Annette

We've been in Townsville for nearly 3 years and love it here. Kirwan seems to be pretty popular for families but it is a huge suburb and some parts are nicer than others. Willows is the shopping Mall in Kirwan and is currently expanding and should be very nice when completed. You've also got cinemas as Cannon Park as well as places to eat there. For schools....I'm very happy with Kirwan High as it suits my 14 year old very well as it runs a top scholar program which he got into as he's very academic. It's got a good name for sports excellence as well but it's a huge school and might not suit every child. If you're looking for a private school in Kirwan then take a look at Ryan. The Grammar school, also private, isn't in Kirwan but has an excellent reputation . It also depends on where your husband is working as to where you might want to live so if you give me a bit more information I can perhaps help you a bit more. Off to bed now though so it will have to be after work tomorrow.
Hi Annette,
thanks for that information as I too am moving to Townsville at the end of August. (Got our visa last week!).
I'm being sold Kirwan as I've heard from other people who have moved to Townsville that it has a lot of good bits with schools and areas to live in.
Any more information you have would be great.
My son is 14 too and quite clever too so it's good to hear that this is recognized.
Hope work is going OK.
Kim in a cold and very wet Stirling
Old May 6th 2009, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

John_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud of

We have been in Townsville since last year, and love the place. We are also living in Kirwan, but there are other lovely suburbs, its just depending on your house budget.
If you do a search on this forum for Townsville, you will find enough threads giving you the info you may need. Also 'Dr Dan' has posted some great photo's of the local surrounding area.

John
Old May 6th 2009, 9:25 am
Just Joined

annette5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankyou all for the great info,

My eyes are starting to bleed from being on the laptop for days!!!!

I will look into all info given and goodluck to all those going soon

Annette