Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What's the time (Mr Wolf)?

What's the time (Mr Wolf)?

Old Dec 10th 2004, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default What's the time (Mr Wolf)?

Hi guys
Our clock radio has been tampered with (toddler in the house), my watch battery is dead, so I'm relying on the computer clock. In the UK I would ring the speaking clock if I was unsure of the time, so what would you do if you needed to know the time in Aus (Perth to be precise)? I just checked Go Matilda, apparently it's 5 in the morning here - I don't think so somehow, given that it's hot and the birds have stopped squawking...
Larissa
(Who thinks it's 9.37am at the time of posting, but could have slipped into a time continuum... :scared: )
Old Dec 10th 2004, 12:35 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: What's the time (Mr Wolf)?

Originally Posted by Larissa
Hi guys
Our clock radio has been tampered with (toddler in the house), my watch battery is dead, so I'm relying on the computer clock. In the UK I would ring the speaking clock if I was unsure of the time, so what would you do if you needed to know the time in Aus (Perth to be precise)? I just checked Go Matilda, apparently it's 5 in the morning here - I don't think so somehow, given that it's hot and the birds have stopped squawking...
Larissa
(Who thinks it's 9.37am at the time of posting, but could have slipped into a time continuum... :scared: )

I'd use this assuming I had internet http://www.worldtimezone.com/time-australia.htm

Just done a quick bit of research. Apparently there is a Talking Clock here (Telstra 1194) but it was found to be unreliable in increments of seconds. I've just tried it, its about 3 mins out according to the GPO clock here in Brisbane.

Last edited by mlbonner; Dec 10th 2004 at 12:37 am.
Old Dec 10th 2004, 12:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's the time (Mr Wolf)?

Originally Posted by mlbonner

I'd use this assuming I had internet http://www.worldtimezone.com/time-australia.htm

Just done a quick bit of research. Apparently there is a Talking Clock here (Telstra 1194) but it was found to be unreliable in increments of seconds. I've just tried it, its about 3 mins out according to the GPO clock here in Brisbane.
Thanks!
I've just added the webpage to my favourites, very handy when wondering when to call the Eastern states.
I wonder how much the Telstra number costs? Will also make a note of that.
Ta!!
Larissa