Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What's the Temperature & Weather like where you are now?

What's the Temperature & Weather like where you are now?

Old Mar 6th 2018, 3:42 am

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's the Temperature & Weather like where you are now?

A bit miserable and rainy. Looks like I'll get soaked on the way home today.
Old May 8th 2018, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

pkennedy1990 is an unknown quantity at this point

Stuck in Cancún and the weather positively sucks. Hot, humid, mosquitoes everywhere, they don't SELL anything that helps alleviate my arms- and legs-full of bites, at least not at any price less than highway robbery...probably because the locals here are used to it, I guess their bodies aren't allergic to the things that also live here and regularly feed off of them, now are they? And I can't wear anything I brought with me and no money to buy "local" clothes.

"Stuck" because I'm still waiting for some more money to be "wired" to me somehow for yet another go at an emergency passport or replacement "real" passport (without birth certificate and all that blasted paperwork the passport office requires that will take me like 6 months to have sent here...or a year, more likely...because MAIL takes forever to get to Mexico because I think it gets "lost" and that's why it never shows up...) because after all that happened to me when I got here, allegedly to teach English, I have no one anywhere who can afford to wire more than £150 which is pretty much just the passport fee and a little bit of FOOD let alone enough for a plane ticket...

Anyway, hot, miserable, and I'm already on my LAST nerve from all that's happened and you know what, I shouldn't worry about getting back to Ireland ever because I'll probably go to a Mexican womens' prison over the next person who acts surprised that I SPEAK English let alone AM it, have multiple university degrees from English-language universities and an EFL licence from London Teachers College!!!!
Old May 9th 2018, 11:57 pm

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pkennedy1990 View Post
Stuck in Cancún and the weather positively sucks. Hot, humid, mosquitoes everywhere, they don't SELL anything that helps alleviate my arms- and legs-full of bites, at least not at any price less than highway robbery...probably because the locals here are used to it, I guess their bodies aren't allergic to the things that also live here and regularly feed off of them, now are they? And I can't wear anything I brought with me and no money to buy "local" clothes.

"Stuck" because I'm still waiting for some more money to be "wired" to me somehow for yet another go at an emergency passport or replacement "real" passport (without birth certificate and all that blasted paperwork the passport office requires that will take me like 6 months to have sent here...or a year, more likely...because MAIL takes forever to get to Mexico because I think it gets "lost" and that's why it never shows up...) because after all that happened to me when I got here, allegedly to teach English, I have no one anywhere who can afford to wire more than £150 which is pretty much just the passport fee and a little bit of FOOD let alone enough for a plane ticket...

Anyway, hot, miserable, and I'm already on my LAST nerve from all that's happened and you know what, I shouldn't worry about getting back to Ireland ever because I'll probably go to a Mexican womens' prison over the next person who acts surprised that I SPEAK English let alone AM it, have multiple university degrees from English-language universities and an EFL licence from London Teachers College!!!!
I hope it cools down for you at some point soon. Getting pretty cool in Brisbane these nights.