Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What's the Temperature & Weather like where you are now?

What's the Temperature & Weather like where you are now?

Old Mar 6th 2018, 3:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's the Temperature & Weather like where you are now?

A bit miserable and rainy. Looks like I'll get soaked on the way home today.
Old May 8th 2018, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

pkennedy1990 is an unknown quantity at this point

Stuck in Cancún and the weather positively sucks. Hot, humid, mosquitoes everywhere, they don't SELL anything that helps alleviate my arms- and legs-full of bites, at least not at any price less than highway robbery...probably because the locals here are used to it, I guess their bodies aren't allergic to the things that also live here and regularly feed off of them, now are they? And I can't wear anything I brought with me and no money to buy "local" clothes.

"Stuck" because I'm still waiting for some more money to be "wired" to me somehow for yet another go at an emergency passport or replacement "real" passport (without birth certificate and all that blasted paperwork the passport office requires that will take me like 6 months to have sent here...or a year, more likely...because MAIL takes forever to get to Mexico because I think it gets "lost" and that's why it never shows up...) because after all that happened to me when I got here, allegedly to teach English, I have no one anywhere who can afford to wire more than £150 which is pretty much just the passport fee and a little bit of FOOD let alone enough for a plane ticket...

Anyway, hot, miserable, and I'm already on my LAST nerve from all that's happened and you know what, I shouldn't worry about getting back to Ireland ever because I'll probably go to a Mexican womens' prison over the next person who acts surprised that I SPEAK English let alone AM it, have multiple university degrees from English-language universities and an EFL licence from London Teachers College!!!!
Old May 9th 2018, 11:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pkennedy1990
Stuck in Cancún and the weather positively sucks. Hot, humid, mosquitoes everywhere, they don't SELL anything that helps alleviate my arms- and legs-full of bites, at least not at any price less than highway robbery...probably because the locals here are used to it, I guess their bodies aren't allergic to the things that also live here and regularly feed off of them, now are they? And I can't wear anything I brought with me and no money to buy "local" clothes.

"Stuck" because I'm still waiting for some more money to be "wired" to me somehow for yet another go at an emergency passport or replacement "real" passport (without birth certificate and all that blasted paperwork the passport office requires that will take me like 6 months to have sent here...or a year, more likely...because MAIL takes forever to get to Mexico because I think it gets "lost" and that's why it never shows up...) because after all that happened to me when I got here, allegedly to teach English, I have no one anywhere who can afford to wire more than £150 which is pretty much just the passport fee and a little bit of FOOD let alone enough for a plane ticket...

Anyway, hot, miserable, and I'm already on my LAST nerve from all that's happened and you know what, I shouldn't worry about getting back to Ireland ever because I'll probably go to a Mexican womens' prison over the next person who acts surprised that I SPEAK English let alone AM it, have multiple university degrees from English-language universities and an EFL licence from London Teachers College!!!!
I hope it cools down for you at some point soon. Getting pretty cool in Brisbane these nights.
Old Jul 2nd 2018, 6:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

22 Degrees at 4pm today. Winter seems to have passed us by...for the time being.

Not complaining.
Old Jul 4th 2018, 9:23 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

It was gorgeous today, about 24 degrees. Perfect winter so far (possibly only because of the woodburner).
Old Dec 22nd 2018, 7:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It was 39 degrees today. A bit of rain and has dropped to 27 now.
Old Dec 22nd 2018, 7:58 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
It was 39 degrees today. A bit of rain and has dropped to 27 now.
hello stranger
Old Dec 22nd 2018, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

waff69 is an unknown quantity at this pointwaff69 is an unknown quantity at this pointwaff69 is an unknown quantity at this pointwaff69 is an unknown quantity at this pointwaff69 is an unknown quantity at this pointwaff69 is an unknown quantity at this pointwaff69 is an unknown quantity at this pointwaff69 is an unknown quantity at this pointwaff69 is an unknown quantity at this pointwaff69 is an unknown quantity at this pointwaff69 is an unknown quantity at this point

34 @ the moment will be in mid 50s later .
Old Dec 22nd 2018, 11:54 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by waff69
34 @ the moment will be in mid 50s later .
That's a tad cold
Old Dec 22nd 2018, 12:05 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Sparkles, have you seen the South Australia forecast for the week after Christmas? 45C plus Hoping that Adelaide escapes the worst of it!
Old Dec 22nd 2018, 12:06 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
That's a tad cold
I thought for a minute that those temps were celcius!
Old Dec 22nd 2018, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Sparkles, have you seen the South Australia forecast for the week after Christmas? 45C plus Hoping that Adelaide escapes the worst of it!
Highest forecast for me so far is 41 the day after boxing day - nothing under 30 though for the next week.

Been a funny start to summer so far with high 30s for part of the week, and teens for the remainder
Old Dec 22nd 2018, 12:35 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Highest forecast for me so far is 41 the day after boxing day - nothing under 30 though for the next week.

Been a funny start to summer so far with high 30s for part of the week, and teens for the remainder
41 is bad enough, way too hot for me. Yep, the weather's been all over the place here too but I take the cooler days gratefully!

Merry Christmas to you and young Spark, I hope 2019 is a great year for you both xx
Old Dec 22nd 2018, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
41 is bad enough, way too hot for me. Yep, the weather's been all over the place here too but I take the cooler days gratefully!

Merry Christmas to you and young Spark, I hope 2019 is a great year for you both xx
Thanks = and for you and Scouse xx
Old Dec 31st 2018, 5:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

34 degrees today. Looks like a scorcher this summer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.