British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   What's the Temperature & Weather like where you are now? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/whats-temperature-weather-like-where-you-now-684531/)

PaulandNic Nov 16th 2010 7:52 am

Re: What's the Temperature where you are now?

High 20's on the Goldie today.

ProudVIC Nov 16th 2010 10:03 am

5C to 15C here today after 5C to 14C yesterday. Currently about 8C and heading down to around 3C or 4C tomorrow morning.

We are not quite into the summer weather yet, it is still pretty cool most days.

petemosby Nov 16th 2010 2:16 pm

It's 13C in Varna, Bulgaria. Last week it was 24C which is really strange for this time of the year.

ABCDiamond Nov 16th 2010 9:06 pm

Just now it is 12°C in Adelaide (8:30am) and 24°C in Brisbane (8:00am).

Sherlock Holmes Nov 17th 2010 12:48 am

17 and going down. Will it never end? :(

Alfresco Nov 17th 2010 6:00 am

Originally Posted by alistairboyle (Post 8986241)
17 and going down. Will it never end? :(

Still 27 at 5pm.

Was cooking on my new bike today.

mulben Nov 17th 2010 6:16 am

35c inland Perth , 30c on the beach , waters nearly warm enough not to feel cold .

ABCDiamond Nov 17th 2010 6:17 am

I've been thinking it is very hot today, but have just been told that it must be me.

Both my daughter and I think it is hotter than normal, but then we have just got back from Adelaide, and maybe need to re-acclimatise :lol: The other person in the house didn't come down with us and thinks it is just normal here.

5:00 pm

Victoria Point QLD
28°C
Humidity: 49%
-----------
Brisbane
26°C
Humidity: 65%
-----------
Adelaide
19°C
Humidity: 43%

Alfresco Nov 17th 2010 6:26 am

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond (Post 8986576)
I've been thinking it is very hot today, but have just been told that it must be me.

Both my daughter and I think it is hotter than normal, but then we have just got back from Adelaide, and maybe need to re-acclimatise :lol: The other person in the house didn't come down with us and thinks it is just normal here.

5:00 pm

Victoria Point QLD
28°C
Humidity: 49%
-----------
Brisbane
26°C
Humidity: 65%
-----------
Adelaide
19°C
Humidity: 43%

Brisbane was only 65% humid :blink: It felt a lot more.

PaulandNic Nov 17th 2010 6:52 am

Originally Posted by Alfresco (Post 8986587)

:lol: ... oh you've got some fun to come!

Sherlock Holmes Nov 17th 2010 12:36 pm

Looks like Summer may finally be arriving (but we've had the fire alight at xmas before now). Currently 12 and going up and the next few days are said to be: 18°C, 21°C, 25°C, 26°C, 28°C, 32°C, 32°C and not as cold at night as it has been. :thumbsup:

Bernieboy Nov 17th 2010 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by Alfresco (Post 8986587)

Yer about to enter a world of pain foo:D

Pollyana Nov 17th 2010 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by PaulandNic (Post 8986618)
:lol: ... oh you've got some fun to come!

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly (Post 8987162)

Ooooh yes, all downhill for the next few months :eek::eek: showers and thundery rain over the next couple of days, still quite cool though only 27-28 degrees :sneaky:

Alfresco Nov 17th 2010 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly (Post 8987162)

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 8987173)
Ooooh yes, all downhill for the next few months :eek::eek: showers and thundery rain over the next couple of days, still quite cool though only 27-28 degrees :sneaky:

Ha, I used to live in Durban - not much different to Brisbane. I should be ok. :)
  • The average temperature in Durban, South Africa is 20.5 °C (69 °F).
  • The average temperature range is 8 °C.
  • The highest monthly average high temperature is 28 °C (82 °F) in February.
  • The lowest monthly average low temperature is 11 °C (52 °F) in June, July.
  • Durban's climate receives an average of 1003 mm (39.5 in) of rainfall per year, or 84 mm (3.3 in) per month.
  • On average there are 89 days per year with more than 0.1 mm (0.004 in) of rainfall (precipitation) or 7 days with a quantity of rain, sleet, snow etc. per month.
  • The driest weather is in July when an average of 26 mm (1.0 in) of rainfall (precipitation) occurrs across 3 days.
  • The wettest weather is in February when an average of 128 mm (5.0 in) of rainfall (precipitation) occurrs across 9 days.
  • The average annual relative humidity is 79.1% and average monthly relative humidity ranges from 73% in June, July to 83% in March.
  • Average sunlight hours in Durban range between 5.2 hours per day in October and 7.4 hours per day in May.
  • There are an average of 2343 hours of sunlight per year with an average of 6.4 hours of sunlight per day.
  • There are an average of 0 days per year with frost in Durban and in July there are an average of 0 days with frost.

Pollyana Nov 17th 2010 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by Alfresco (Post 8987721)
Ha, I used to live in Durban - not much different to Brisbane. I should be ok. :)
  • The average temperature in Durban, South Africa is 20.5 °C (69 °F).
  • The average temperature range is 8 °C.
  • The highest monthly average high temperature is 28 °C (82 °F) in February.
  • The lowest monthly average low temperature is 11 °C (52 °F) in June, July.
  • Durban's climate receives an average of 1003 mm (39.5 in) of rainfall per year, or 84 mm (3.3 in) per month.
  • On average there are 89 days per year with more than 0.1 mm (0.004 in) of rainfall (precipitation) or 7 days with a quantity of rain, sleet, snow etc. per month.
  • The driest weather is in July when an average of 26 mm (1.0 in) of rainfall (precipitation) occurrs across 3 days.
  • The wettest weather is in February when an average of 128 mm (5.0 in) of rainfall (precipitation) occurrs across 9 days.
  • The average annual relative humidity is 79.1% and average monthly relative humidity ranges from 73% in June, July to 83% in March.
  • Average sunlight hours in Durban range between 5.2 hours per day in October and 7.4 hours per day in May.
  • There are an average of 2343 hours of sunlight per year with an average of 6.4 hours of sunlight per day.
  • There are an average of 0 days per year with frost in Durban and in July there are an average of 0 days with frost.

Sounds fairly similar, though I'd have to check the stats to be certain and as there's football on tv and a shift change looming that'll have to wait :lol:

What's the thunderstorm activity like in Durban?