anyone?
Old Jul 31st 2003, 4:34 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: what's the sum of 2+2?

Originally posted by sully4441
anyone?
I think you need to look at the Australian PhD work of Dr. Peter Whiteman,

"How the bananas got their pyjamas: A study of the metamorphosis of preschoolers' spontaneous singing as viewed through Vygotsky's Zone of Proximal Development",

for the answer.
Old Jul 31st 2003, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

anyone?

Sorry, no help here. If you haven't done the revision by now it is too late to start at this stage and you would be better getting an early night and being fresh in the morning than this last minute swotting.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Old Jul 31st 2003, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Florida_03
I think you need to look at the Australian PhD work of Dr. Peter Whiteman,

"How the bananas got their pyjamas: A study of the metamorphosis of preschoolers' spontaneous singing as viewed through Vygotsky's Zone of Proximal Development",

for the answer.
You are no fan of Whiteman are you, Florida? That university hoon's work was thrown out years ago wasn't it? You are encouraging Sully to walk along slippery roads here.
Old Jul 31st 2003, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

sully4441 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Wilf
Sorry, no help here. If you haven't done the revision by now it is too late to start at this stage and you would be better getting an early night and being fresh in the morning than this last minute swotting.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Thought I had it then
Old Jul 31st 2003, 5:00 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

You are no fan of Whiteman are you, Florida? That university hoon's work was thrown out years ago wasn't it? You are encouraging Sully to walk along slippery roads here.
Years and years of it...endless bloody hampsters and kiddies...all singing...bastard. Go for a coffee and all you got from him was a "coming down the stairs", or a "chasing teddy bears". The man was unbearable. gOD I've broken out in a cold sweat...Whiteman you bastard...I still have nightmares.

Anyway...calm now...Sully needs to do the hard yards...no free ride here...2 + 2 indeed...
Old Jul 31st 2003, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thought I had it then
You see what you have done here, Sully? Florida had only just managed to put the Whiteman years behind him and you come blundering in with your 2+2 taunt and you drag this poor man back to square one. You are happy now? You will say "I had no idea" when this spirals out of control?
Old Jul 31st 2003, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosy is an unknown quantity at this point

anyone?
The answer is, one quarter of any of the following:

Holden Jackaroo
Toyota Landcruiser
Nissan Patrol
Mitsubishi Pajero
Jeep Cherokee

Vast numbers of which appear to be driven by Aussie housewives solely for use on the school run/shopping trip, desperate to keep up with the joneses, but who are totally incapable to drive the bloody things!!!
Old Jul 31st 2003, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

sully4441 is an unknown quantity at this point

You see what you have done here, Sully? Florida had only just managed to put the Whiteman years behind him and you come blundering in with your 2+2 taunt and you drag this poor man back to square one. You are happy now? You will say "I had no idea" when this spirals out of control?
Sorry I had no idea.
It seemed such a simple request
Please forgive me
Old Jul 31st 2003, 8:08 pm
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold

anyone?
No, It's definitely 4. Or is it ? Does 4 exist in reality or only becasue we are told it exists? Do we exist or only because we are told we exist? If a badger scratches it's arse in the forest and no-one's around, will it's claws still smell?

Philosophy..I love it, or do I? Do I love it because I think it exists or because it does? Wish I'd studied philosophy.......it's a how to rubbish or credit anything with one question / answer.

Now will my application be dealt with quickly or slowly? Is one year slow because I'm told it's a long time or is it quick when you compare it to the history of the planet?

Ho hum.
Old Aug 1st 2003, 4:54 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by theguitardoctor
No, It's definitely 4. Or is it ? Does 4 exist in reality or only becasue we are told it exists? Do we exist or only because we are told we exist? If a badger scratches it's arse in the forest and no-one's around, will it's claws still smell?

Philosophy..I love it, or do I? Do I love it because I think it exists or because it does? Wish I'd studied philosophy.......it's a how to rubbish or credit anything with one question / answer.

Now will my application be dealt with quickly or slowly? Is one year slow because I'm told it's a long time or is it quick when you compare it to the history of the planet?

Ho hum.
Read Pratchett.

Then smell Badger's arse.
Old Aug 1st 2003, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

jajpe is an unknown quantity at this point

Sully,
Haven't a blue clue what this is all about but great to see you back online! Please tell us more about your trip (tried to email you a while ago - not sure if you got it!) Is there anywhere that really struck you as somewhere you might like to settle or are you keeping options open!!

Not sure if you will know already but we got our approval in principle a couple of weeks ago although house sale is very slow!! The most frustrating part of the whole process i think!

Anyway great to see you home again and keep the photos coming!
Old Aug 1st 2003, 9:17 am
We arrived november 2004

kentcoast is an unknown quantity at this point

anyone?
I don't know, I get bored and bugger off for a couple of months and when I come back the place has changed out of all recognition.

The lunatics have clearly taken over the asylum - good thing too, not enough people wearing their boxer shorts on the outside these days.

As for 2+2, it's a trick question, didn't they teach you anything in quantum physics 101 - The answer is, as a result of observing it different to what it was at the point of asking the question when it was merely a theoretical possibility.

Is the cat still breathing Erwin?

Perry
Old Aug 2nd 2003, 11:15 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

anyone?
get your self a good ozzie C.P.A, and he will tell "its any thing you want it to be,"....................... MM