Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What's the silliest things that packers packed?

What's the silliest things that packers packed?

Old Nov 17th 2009, 4:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default What's the silliest things that packers packed?

For me the packers packed the UK yellow pages and phone book!

Oooh and the key fobs for the electric garage doors were packed too. They refused to unpack so we had to pay for new ones!

and the rubbish was still in the little bathroom bin when it got here too (but that was my fault!)
Old Nov 17th 2009, 5:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's the silliest things that packers packed?

My packers in Bermuda packed one of those plug in air freshners. Wouldn't work in UK anyway as different sockets. Most annoying, when they unpacked this end it was put on a table on its side and it leaked and ruined the varnish. Grrrrr ... Why on earth would I have wanted a half used air freshner anyway!

I remember my husband saying he stopped them packing Bermuda yellow pages and also takeout menus!
Old Nov 17th 2009, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Our packers packed a garlic pot from the cupboard that I told them to leave alone. It had 3 garlic bulbs in it. They also packed a large bowl of pot pourri complete with poppy seed heads and orange slices with the seeds clearly visible. Both made it through Aquis inspections thank God.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 6:39 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

My son's puffers, my heart meds, my spare glasses. Basically the DO NOT PACK THIS bag that was sitting on the kitchen bench well away from everything else. They were also told in no uncertain terms not to touch it, but low and behold it was packed in with the kitchen stuff. Lucky both my son and I had spare meds in my bag.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 6:40 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We were unpacking and I had a box that seemed to have rather a lot of brown paper in it, normal sized packing case, kept digging down, pulling out more crumpled paper. Finally my hand caught something other than paper - lo and behold a baseball cap none of us had ever seen before. Nothing else in there. Still got no idea who's cap it was Gave us a laugh anyway
Old Nov 17th 2009, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Reading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to all

The 5ft roll of bubble wrap that we were using to urrrrr wrap things !
Old Nov 17th 2009, 7:47 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

My packers decided to unpack my things and keep them for themselves
Old Nov 17th 2009, 7:49 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

didnt happen to us, but I have read on at least one occasion packers packing passports & flight tickets
Old Nov 17th 2009, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Light bulb....

One of them took it out of the wall socket so the bed he placed there wouldn't damage it. The other one picked it up and packed it.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

maund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to all

mouse trap box and bait out of our garage.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

aarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really nice

I remember someone on here asking weather her light bulbs would work in Oz. Surely you have to draw aline as to where to stop?
Old Nov 17th 2009, 9:12 am
Banned

willamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond reputewillamos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kingseat
For me the packers packed the UK yellow pages and phone book!

Oooh and the key fobs for the electric garage doors were packed too. They refused to unpack so we had to pay for new ones!

and the rubbish was still in the little bathroom bin when it got here too (but that was my fault!)
I foolishly brought my penchant for culture with me. It's been gathering dust ever since I arrived.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

HazBean has a brilliant futureHazBean has a brilliant futureHazBean has a brilliant futureHazBean has a brilliant futureHazBean has a brilliant futureHazBean has a brilliant futureHazBean has a brilliant futureHazBean has a brilliant future

An empty pot of paint and a used paintbrush (still wet when they packed it)that we'd been touching up the paintwork with. They also packed some of their own packing tape and phonebooks like the OP.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

Glasford will become famous soon enoughGlasford will become famous soon enough

Ours thought it would be a good idea to pack the dirty bedding that we had just taken off our beds ready to just bin!
That was a lovely thing to unpack after 10 weeks
Old Nov 18th 2009, 3:58 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

The still hot grill pan i used to make them bacon sandwhiches, i looked around to cool it down and wash it up and it had gone, wrapped and in the box!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.