Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What's the record?

What's the record?

Old Oct 21st 2005, 11:58 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute
Default What's the record?

Just wondered what the record is for getting the visa and setting foot in Oz with possessions to folllow?

We got our 163 visa granted on Wednesday (20th October) and hope to be in Perth by 25th November (quicker if we hadn't decided to treat the kids to a Disney stop over in Hong Kong en route!!).

Just wondered what the quickest ever was as it feels pretty quick to us!!

Jules x
Old Oct 21st 2005, 12:09 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's the record?

Originally Posted by julesandco
Just wondered what the record is for getting the visa and setting foot in Oz with possessions to folllow?

We got our 163 visa granted on Wednesday (20th October) and hope to be in Perth by 25th November (quicker if we hadn't decided to treat the kids to a Disney stop over in Hong Kong en route!!).

Jules x
Thats quick, when I were a lad way back when....it took way over a year to get your visa.....off to make cocoa now

Thats darn quick though
Old Oct 21st 2005, 12:12 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Jules x
Visa granted July 8th, Landed in Oz July 24th

Might have been sooner too but for some other complications.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 12:26 pm
Fremantle Doctor!

windy gale has a spectacular aura aboutwindy gale has a spectacular aura aboutwindy gale has a spectacular aura about

Jules x
I havnt seen welyn garden city since 1979 when my son was born i lived in st albans with my then wife, I know a friend of scossie did it in 13 days
Old Oct 21st 2005, 4:46 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windy gale
I havnt seen welyn garden city since 1979 when my son was born i lived in st albans with my then wife, I know a friend of scossie did it in 13 days
Yup...

My mate, Mark Wilson applied for his PR visa on the 1st of July 1998, and got his visa in 13 days.

I've been on this forum since March 1998, & as far as I know, Mark still holds the record.....
Old Oct 21st 2005, 4:51 pm
Account Closed

fishface is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scossie
Yup...

My mate, Mark Wilson applied for his PR visa on the 1st of July 1998, and got his visa in 13 days.

I've been on this forum since March 1998, & as far as I know, Mark still holds the record.....
we posted our visa application spouse pr on the fri and had reply follow weds!! amazing as it takes ages to compile and it was done just like that!!
Old Oct 21st 2005, 5:26 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
Visa granted July 8th, Landed in Oz July 24th

Might have been sooner too but for some other complications.
Wow! That's going some!
Old Oct 21st 2005, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by windy gale
Um, Welwyn looks gorgeous today in strong gusting winds, leaves everywhere, leathally slippery acorns and conkers waiting to remove the ground from beneath you at every step!

I will miss John Lewis - but then again, the walk from our house now to John Lewis will be the walk from our new house in Oz to the Ocean - tuff choice that one!

Jules
Old Oct 21st 2005, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

geary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to all

how long will it take me vias,s logged 10 august with the aid of a agent going on 136 sir and on the modl list ...........please some one give me a time frame as i wait and wait you all know what i mean ...........

Geary family destin for Adelaide Jan 2006 we think