Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what's perth like?

what's perth like?

Old Mar 25th 2004, 4:18 pm
hells02

Default what's perth like?

we are looking to go to perth but we don't have a clue where to go when we get there. if anyone could help us it would be most helpfull. my husband is a chef and is looking for work at the moment over the net but we are none the wiser were we should buy our new home.we need to know a good real estate agent that is on the net.thanks for your help phil and helen.

Old Mar 25th 2004, 8:10 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
try doing a search on perth - there's loads of posts here about it some positive, some negative.

Regarding houses and areas, we found http://www.aussiehome.com/ to be quite a good general starting point. It seems a bit more expensive than using some of the more local real estate agents direct but covers all the perth suburbs and gives a short suburb description for each property (Don't know how accurate all the descriptions are though).

Once you've narrowed down the areas go directly to the more local agents.

Also if you have the time and can afford it a quick "look see" visit might be useful, but isnt essential. We are winging it cos of work commitments so will just have to make it up as we go along. We leaving germany on 6th April and will arrive Perth on April 21st, so if you need more info after that email me & I will try to get it for you.

Hope this helps
Mairi
Old Mar 25th 2004, 9:57 pm
hells02

Originally posted by Mairi&Chris
Hi,
try doing a search on perth - there's loads of posts here about it some positive, some negative.

Regarding houses and areas, we found http://www.aussiehome.com/ to be quite a good general starting point. It seems a bit more expensive than using some of the more local real estate agents direct but covers all the perth suburbs and gives a short suburb description for each property (Don't know how accurate all the descriptions are though).

Once you've narrowed down the areas go directly to the more local agents.

Also if you have the time and can afford it a quick "look see" visit might be useful, but isnt essential. We are winging it cos of work commitments so will just have to make it up as we go along. We leaving germany on 6th April and will arrive Perth on April 21st, so if you need more info after that email me & I will try to get it for you.

Hope this helps
Mairi
Thank very much for the info hope all go`s well we will be in touch.
Helen&Phil

Old Mar 25th 2004, 11:03 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Put Pommie Bastard in the search function.
Old Mar 26th 2004, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

aussie bloke is on a distinguished road
Default Re: what's perth like?

Originally posted by hells02
we are looking to go to perth but we don't have a clue where to go when we get there. if anyone could help us it would be most helpfull. my husband is a chef and is looking for work at the moment over the net but we are none the wiser were we should buy our new home.we need to know a good real estate agent that is on the net.thanks for your help phil and helen.
I'd try this site. more dedicated to WA and most property list here.

www.reiwa.com.au

Old Mar 26th 2004, 12:25 am
hells02

Originally posted by aussie bloke
I'd try this site. more dedicated to WA and most property list here.

www.reiwa.com.au

thanks for that i will look at it tomorrow.

Old Mar 26th 2004, 12:25 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Perth is beautiful. Knocks spots off Sydney.
Old Mar 26th 2004, 12:37 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by hells02
Try www.realestate.com.au

or www.property.com.au

Perth= lovely to visit but not for a permanant home
Old Mar 26th 2004, 1:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Perth= lovely to visit but not for a permanant home

Seems to suit a lot of people.
Old Mar 26th 2004, 1:48 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Nibbs

Seems to suit a lot of people.
yes, you're right. In 'my' opinion only does it seem a lovely place to visit but not to live.
Old Mar 26th 2004, 1:54 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

1.5 million people in WA, 1 million live in Perth and surrounds.

It does seem to 'suit a lot of people'. You're not one of them, Janeyray, but no-one says you have to be. I have friends in Perth who've lived there the majority of their lives, and wouldn't live anywhere else. If the work and mountains were there Mrs DUP and I would be over there like a shot.
Old Mar 26th 2004, 1:57 am
home again, home again

Originally posted by downunderpom

If the work and mountains were there Mrs DUP and I would be over there like a shot.
yes, work being a big issue

Old Mar 26th 2004, 2:01 am
I like kittens.

Originally posted by janeyray
yes, work being a big issue
Totally! But the initial question was 'What's Perth like?' Work is a big factor in that analysis, so by all means bring up the fact that a lot of people have moved to Perth, and then had to leave because they couldn't find work in their fields.

My point was that the statement 'seems to suit a lot of people' is correct.
Old Mar 26th 2004, 2:06 am
home again, home again

Originally posted by downunderpom
Totally! But the initial question was 'What's Perth like?' Work is a big factor in that analysis, so by all means bring up the fact that a lot of people have moved to Perth, and then had to leave because they couldn't find work in their fields.

My point was that the statement 'seems to suit a lot of people' is correct.
Yes, your point (and Nibbs) about the statement 'seems to suit a lot of people' is correct, I didn't say it wasn't?

The initial question 'what is Perth like?' I chose to answer by saying, 'ok for visit but not to live (in my opinion) .

I didn't have to elaborate as to why, did I? I think the majority of people know why.
Old Mar 26th 2004, 2:09 am
I like kittens.

Originally posted by janeyray
Yes, your point (and Nibbs) about the statement 'seems to suit a lot of people' is correct, I didn't say it wasn't?

The initial question 'what is Perth like?' I chose to answer by saying, 'ok for visit but not to live (in my opinion) .

I didn't have to elaborate as to why, did I? I think the majority of people know why.
In which case I apologise. I read your 'In 'my' opinion only does it seem a lovely place to visit but not to live' as sarcasm.

What we need on this forum is some 'tone of voice' smileys!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.