Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What's our chances?

What's our chances?

Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:07 pm
HAM
Forum Regular

Location: on the opposite side of the world to where I want to be...
HAM has a spectacular aura aboutHAM has a spectacular aura aboutHAM has a spectacular aura about
Default What's our chances?

Hi we are new to the forum and fairly new to the whole migration nightmare!!! So far we have established our only hopes are (we think) ENS or RSMS visas as we don't make the points for any other visas or have relatives etc etc.
We are going to see an agent for more info next month but in the meantime just wondered how many of you out there are going through ENS and how long it takes and what chance we have of getting a sponsorship.....many thanks
Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:09 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's our chances?

Originally Posted by HAM
Hi we are new to the forum and fairly new to the whole migration nightmare!!! So far we have established our only hopes are (we think) ENS or RSMS visas as we don't make the points for any other visas or have relatives etc etc.
We are going to see an agent for more info next month but in the meantime just wondered how many of you out there are going through ENS and how long it takes and what chance we have of getting a sponsorship.....many thanks

sorry, i dont know the answer. just wanted to say welcome to BE forum. what profession(s) are you trying to get in with?
Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

NIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really nice

Hello there, welcome to the forum,

We don't know the answer either but this is probably the best place that you will find this sort of info. Agents are the best route though so don't despair if you don't find any information on here to help (I'd be surprised if you don't)
Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:16 pm
HAM
Forum Regular

HAM has a spectacular aura aboutHAM has a spectacular aura aboutHAM has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
sorry, i dont know the answer. just wanted to say welcome to BE forum. what profession(s) are you trying to get in with?
my hubby is an insurance broker so only 40 points and we really want to go with him as main applicant. I am qualifying as a child-care coordinator which is 50 points but I don't (and can't at the moment) meet the work requirements (I work 14 hours) because of my studies...will take until 2007 to fully qualify and then I have to work for is it 6, 12 months?? post qualifying so we're looking at 2008 if we use my qualifications/application and we don't want to wait that long. I'm 32 hubby 33 kids 7 & 5....thanks
Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:17 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HAM

Welcome

Have known a few people use ENS and to be honest, they havent all had a 100% smooth ride. It can be a very precarious way in.

Regional Migration, seems the way to go, and although I dont know anyone who has used this method. Seems more stable.

But whichever way you go, good luck

Steve
Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:18 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HAM
my hubby is an insurance broker so only 40 points and we really want to go with him as main applicant. I am qualifying as a child-care coordinator which is 50 points but I don't (and can't at the moment) meet the work requirements (I work 14 hours) because of my studies...will take until 2007 to fully qualify and then I have to work for is it 6, 12 months?? post qualifying so we're looking at 2008 if we use my qualifications/application and we don't want to wait that long. I'm 32 hubby 33 kids 7 & 5....thanks
have you tries the points test on the DIMIA webiste, or try a search, theres plenty of online points tests that you can do. it includes things like age/english language/years of experience in the chosen field. (but you probably know all this already!!). how many points do you get using your husbands job and experience?
Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:23 pm
HAM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
have you tries the points test on the DIMIA webiste, or try a search, theres plenty of online points tests that you can do. it includes things like age/english language/years of experience in the chosen field. (but you probably know all this already!!). how many points do you get using your husbands job and experience?
Hi Sleeping beauty...gosh you people are so nice!!! Thanks yes we've done numerous online assessments hubby gets 95 points and I dont meet the work experience requirement of 20hours...even though I'm a nursery manager with 10years+ expererience...so frustrating!!!
Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:25 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HAM
Hi Sleeping beauty...gosh you people are so nice!!! Thanks yes we've done numerous online assessments hubby gets 95 points and I dont meet the work experience requirement of 20hours...even though I'm a nursery manager with 10years+ expererience...so frustrating!!!

Pity you are not a Hairdresser as they score more points than a Nuclear Scientist !
Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:26 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HAM
HI
Sorry I cant answer any of your questions.
Just wanted to say welcome to the forum.
Hope you find all the answers that you need and want.

Sharon
Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:27 pm
HAM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Pity you are not a Hairdresser as they score more points than a Nuclear Scientist !
Funny we've had that conversation many a time...hubby says he should have been a welder!!!
Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Hello and welcome. Good luck with your plans
Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:33 pm
HAM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by karenjc
Hello and welcome. Good luck with your plans
Thank you all...I feel like I've known you all for ages already
If anybody has any contacts in Aus in the insurance field or knows of anybody who can help us please send them our way!!! God I sound desperate already...what will I be like a year down the line like some of you good people?!?!
Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:41 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HAM
Funny we've had that conversation many a time...hubby says he should have been a welder!!!
do you mean a welder as in somebody that has a mig set in his garage or do you mean a welder like me, somebody who did four years training as a sheet metal worker at college and then had to do an extra two years to train as a coded MIG/tig/arc/oxy acet welder who on average has to take four re-tests a year to keep all his codings up to date.no coding,no work and i have to sign for every part i weld and if there are any stress fractures in any of the welds it could result in the deaths of countless numbers of people :scared:.
by god i could bullshit for england,and at the end of the day it's still a shite job being a welder .
good luck jonni
Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:42 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by jonni boy
do you mean a welder as in somebody that has a mig set in his garage or do you mean a welder like me, somebody who did four years training as a sheet metal worker at college and then had to do an extra two years to train as a coded MIG/tig/arc/oxy acet welder who on average has to take four re-tests a year to keep all his codings up to date.no coding,no work and i have to sign for every part i weld and if there are any stress fractures in any of the welds it could result in the deaths of countless numbers of people :scared:.
by god i could bullshit for england,and at the end of the day it's still a shite job being a welder .
good luck jonni

Jonni boy, how are you? Havent seen you in ages.

Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:48 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Jonni boy, how are you? Havent seen you in ages.
hiya sam hows ya leg.have you give up the dirty dancing know are you still in plaster ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.