Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Whats Orange NSW like?

Whats Orange NSW like?

Old Oct 26th 2007, 7:22 am
Just Joined

mpetrov is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Whats Orange NSW like?

Hi folks , im a nurse and my partner is a teacher, both of us are in our late 30s.

We live in Sydney at the moment but because of the high cost of property were thinking of moving out to Orange.

Does anyone have any impressions of the place and the people, climate , quality of life there?
Old Oct 26th 2007, 8:34 am
Just Joined

pendleman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Whats Orange NSW like?

Originally Posted by mpetrov
Hi folks , im a nurse and my partner is a teacher, both of us are in our late 30s.

We live in Sydney at the moment but because of the high cost of property were thinking of moving out to Orange.

Does anyone have any impressions of the place and the people, climate , quality of life there?
Yes, lived in Orange for about three years. I liked it, OH hated it.

People are great... its a small town with its share of rednecks despite being a town of pop. approx 40K. So its best if you're a white hetro and according to my OH male. Not everyone is like that of course many are great people but you can't avoid it at work.

Winters are cold but summers pleasant because you're at about 900m altitude.
Flies a bit of a bugger! If you suffer from hayfever then you're probably going suffer a bit?

It's not too far to Sydney and you can explore the outback with much more ease.

Having said all that I'd live again... work caused me to move on and quality of life is IMHO significantly better.