Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Whats Northbridge like these days?

Whats Northbridge like these days?

Old Apr 18th 2008, 1:24 pm
I'm on a Highway to Hell

Kris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to all
Default Whats Northbridge like these days?

As the title suggests starting to look at possible places to live in Perth surrounds and was wondering what is Northbridge is really like now?

I lived there in 1995 and have been told that the street I lived in was wiped out and a freeway exit was put in instead so I am thinking it must be completely different from back then.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Jackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really nice
Default Re: Whats Northbridge like these days?

Northbridge is great for a night out, not sure about living there though - could be a bit noisy late on weekends. Do you have a family, if so you might be better off a bit further out. If not, and you want to be central, try looking at apartments in East perth or Mount Lawley
Old Apr 18th 2008, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

Jackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really nice

you might want to try posting these threads in the main Australia forum - you'll get more peeps who are already over here looking at them

Jack x
Old Apr 18th 2008, 2:48 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Whats Northbridge like these days?

I hope they've got rid of that awful smell around Monger Street.

BEP members who've visited Northbridge might remember the awful smell hanging around Monger Street. I hope they've got rid of it.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 3:49 pm
I'm on a Highway to Hell

Kris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jackier
Northbridge is great for a night out, not sure about living there though - could be a bit noisy late on weekends. Do you have a family, if so you might be better off a bit further out. If not, and you want to be central, try looking at apartments in East perth or Mount Lawley
I lived in Newcastle street which at the time was quite quite really - close to the nightlife to enjoy but far enough to be quiet, there were some really nice old style houses around there too.
Just looked on google maps and it looks like it is the Graham Farmer freeway thats there now.
I have a little baby boy (7 months) so it probably wouldnt be nice now, I was just wondering really what it is like now as I have very fond memories from living there - but I was 21 then!!

Should have put the thread on there - you're right, sorry.
Doh!