Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Whats In A Name?

Whats In A Name?

Old Apr 25th 2004, 8:55 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Mine is simply because I came from the Borders area of Scotland.
Old Apr 25th 2004, 9:57 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

I recently set up a distribution arm within the company I work for. Called it Phoenix [I take no credit for the name......someone else made that up].

Its become a great success............. so I thought I'd use the name on't forum

Phoenixuk2oz = risen from UK ashes to go to Oz

Old Apr 25th 2004, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

gix883 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine is because im bike crazy gix is short for gixxer which the suzuki gsxr range is affectionally known as and 883 was the first gsxr i ever big bored was a 750 which i had bored out to 883 hence gix883.

:scared:
Old Apr 25th 2004, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

najo is an unknown quantity at this point

Najo= Nathan & Joshua (the names of my 2 sons)
Old Apr 25th 2004, 11:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

jasper pentop is an unknown quantity at this point

Ours is after a family pet - the dog has more blooming names than us so we picked two as jasper had already been taken (the cursed person only ever left one post too!)
Old Apr 26th 2004, 2:15 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Mine refers to an album by The Wonderstuff. What does it mean? In the words of the lead singer

"If you had to ask you wouldn't understand"
Old Apr 26th 2004, 2:28 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Mine is a bit of a cock-up actually because hubby calls me Tony Polster (my name being Polly in real life) after some football player who played for Villa at some point.

I thought it was spelled Pollster (what with two l's in Polly) and that is how it ended up.

Nothing to do with polls at all.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 3:30 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Mine is because when I was working and something went wrong rather than say s*** I would say "pants" and that's how it came about.....simple!! and saved on the swearing. !!! nice girl really !!!
Old Apr 26th 2004, 5:13 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

BP PB. Cut and Paste.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 6:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Mine is what my dad called me when I was a kid - he reckoned I was always cheerful and looking on the positive side, so he gave me the nickname after the character in the children's story.

Don't always manage to live up to the image these days though.....
Old Apr 26th 2004, 7:36 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Bundy Rum, or rather Bundaberg Rum, which is the best tipple in the world and the only alcoholic drink I consume in Oz, being a non-beer-drinking girl. If you don't drink beer, you have to drink Bundy. I was clearly in need of a drink when picking my name, hence Bundy.

And no, it has nothing to do with serial killers or old American sitcoms...
Old Apr 26th 2004, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Mine's from a poem by TS Eliot

Macavity's a mystery cat, He's called the Hidden Paw

cos I like to remain mysterious/anonymous.....NOT cos of the next line!!:

For he's the master criminal, Who can defy the law
Old Apr 26th 2004, 7:51 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats In A Name?

Mines pretty straight forward too.

One of the nicknames of my favourite football team.
Who by the way had a great 2-1 away win at Ipswich over the weekend.

TT

Originally posted by ovenater
Just thought it would be a good idea to find out what all the user names mean, I know a lot are obvious but some are quite strange. So what does your name stand for.

Mine is because my 18 year old son loves the terminator films and calls himself the Ovenater when on the football pitch and also when pulling in nightclubs(sad I know)

Our last name is Ovens so it sort of fits.

Sorry if this has already been done but a lot of new names are about so may be interesting

sally:lecture:
Old Apr 26th 2004, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Mummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud of

Enough said about mine!
Old Apr 26th 2004, 9:03 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Mine is from by old initials before getting married being SNAP but other people have used that name on other sites so I changed it to snappy, use to use snap-dragon on some other sites as I'm Welsh but also such a lovely flower!

Sasha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.