Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

whats it like moving to a new school

whats it like moving to a new school

Old Mar 3rd 2005, 12:19 pm
family of 4

the raindodgers is an unknown quantity at this point
Question whats it like moving to a new school

i kno it may sound sad, but im propa nervus going to a new school. i will b 15 when i go and i want 2 kno what da hell its like movin. do u get nervus, is it tough , fit girls (this is the main one), whats the teachers lik r da dead strict plus du u av 2 wear school uniform :scared: please tell me im brickin it

P.S thro in nething u tink is important 4 me 2 kno
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 1:22 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: whats it like moving to a new school

Originally Posted by the raindodgers
i kno it may sound sad, but im propa nervus going to a new school. i will b 15 when i go and i want 2 kno what da hell its like movin. do u get nervus, is it tough , fit girls (this is the main one), whats the teachers lik r da dead strict plus du u av 2 wear school uniform :scared: please tell me im brickin it

P.S thro in nething u tink is important 4 me 2 kno
Hya, thought I would try and offer a bit of help before Aus wake up. If you make friends easily here, you will there. All the schools are very used to immigrants moving in - especially brits and will be very welcoming.

I am sure you will get nervous - new country, new school - who wouldn't? but no more so than when you moved from primary up to secondary here.

Most of the schools I have looked at for my girls - 12 and 10, have a uniform so you will probably have to wear one wherever you end up - but they look more casual than the uniforms here - have to deal with the heat etc.

Try not to worry too much and talk to your mum and dad - believe me, they will have their own worries - you are all in this together and can all help each other out - you will probably have it easier cos you will make friends immediately through school
Old Mar 6th 2005, 8:11 am
Dudette

ironmaiden is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: whats it like moving to a new school

hmmm well, coming from ireland to oz, pretty nerve racking. the ozzy kids will more or less like you coz of your accent...
true, it oes get severly annoying, but hey, gets ya somewhere...its ok i guess. the work the do is lie, more fun. if ya get me....and sometimes, you go on outings, so alls well...ozzy kids are well...more "to themselves" if ya get me. dpeends. coz thats how they were in my school. but the whole "friendship group thig" is differant to england....instead of one big group, its like, loads of little groups....
so, you do make alot of friends.... the aussies are pretty cool though..and will like, be all "hi! who are you!" so if your outgoign, you will seem extremly shy in comparisment to them

dotn worry...its not that bad...see ya... bye must sleep!