Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What's happening to UK house sellers? Any reports?

What's happening to UK house sellers? Any reports?

Old May 11th 2005, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

tracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: What's happening to UK house sellers? Any reports?

A quick update on our situation - Looks like the price drop may have worked. Spoke to the agent this morning who said there has been quite a few requests for the details of our house. He rang back this afternoon, someone wants to view the house tomorrow at 5pm, and he thinks we may have more viewings for the weekend. Trying not to get my hopes up too much (not succeeding!)

Keeping everything crossed for tomorrow

Tracy
Old May 12th 2005, 2:27 am
someone's had 'Alex'...

4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice

No dice for us. Went on the market for 200 in April '04, got several offers, none of which from buyers 'ready willing and able'. Left UK in June '04, reducing the price in increments through to November '04 at 175, still no result. Put it up for rent at 700, it was let by close of business that day and is still tenanted.
Old May 12th 2005, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

igual will become famous soon enoughigual will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by binbird
Just had a bloke round for the second time (cash buyer) who would be buying the house for his son and they have made an offer! He said "well let's start things off at £*** and I could exchange within a fortnight! So he can obviously pull some more money out of the bag. We have other potential interest at the moment so we hope to have a sale agreed one way or onother before the end of the week. . . . . .

(It's not easy typing with all my fingers crossed!)

Binbird
good luck Binbird, keep us informed!!
sending you some karma,
have everything crossed for ya!
Old May 12th 2005, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

igual will become famous soon enoughigual will become famous soon enough

Just had a bloke round for the second time (cash buyer) who would be buying the house for his son and they have made an offer! He said "well let's start things off at £*** and I could exchange within a fortnight! So he can obviously pull some more money out of the bag. We have other potential interest at the moment so we hope to have a sale agreed one way or onother before the end of the week. . . . . .

(It's not easy typing with all my fingers crossed!)

Binbird
sorry binbird, won't let me give you any karma, got to spread it around!
Old May 12th 2005, 7:55 am
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by renth
We're close to exchange only to find that the extension we built 5 years ago didn't have the final building regs inspection. The inspection has been carried out and now we need to conduct a load of remedial work

We had to reduce the price twice to sell it, there had better not be any last minute negociations on the price or there will be a serious case of "cutting off nose to spite face" on our part when we tell them to get *****ed.

Hi Renth, we also had an extension built, roughly 12 years ago and didn't get the building regs finalized. Now I'm panicking.
It should be OK but they will want to check the manhole which is now under the decking...oops.

Had 10 viewings on our place in 3 weeks but no bites.

I am now putting a new staircase into the loft to increase the WOW factor. The wife has been nagging me for years to do this, but I said "nah it dont need it". Dont you just hate it when they are right.
Old May 12th 2005, 2:39 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by igual
sorry binbird, won't let me give you any karma, got to spread it around!
No matter - have sent you karma for the thought and because we have agreed a sale today! YIPPEE! Exchange 31 May and Complete 31 July. Let's hope it doesn't all come unstuck. . . .

Binbird
Old May 12th 2005, 2:40 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

No matter - have sent you karma for the thought and because we have agreed a sale today! YIPPEE! Exchange 31 May and Complete 31 July. Let's hope it doesn't all come unstuck. . . .

Binbird

That's brilliant news. I'm so pleased for you
Old May 12th 2005, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

Just sent the obligatory letter to second useless estate agent giving notice of ending contract. New one takes over in 13 days with a second reduction in price. I didnt realise I had actually called the current agent a "smarmy shister "to his face during our 1.5 hour conversation last week about his (lack of !!) sales tactics. Stuart took great delight in telling everyone after the event though
Done a land registry search on our post code area (SK4 ) and all sales for the first 1/4 of the year are down by an average of 28% on this period last year which matches whats happening nationally.
Surely things can only get better
good luck every one
mary
Old May 13th 2005, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

tracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura about

Binbird
Hi Binbird

Congrats on agreeing the sale, hope all runs smoothly

Tracy
Old May 13th 2005, 6:56 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Don,
We put ours on the market at £149,950 in June last year. We felt all along that the estate agents had priced it too high for the are so in October we reduced to £139,950. We had just a handful of viewings from June - October so changed estate agent. Things weren't much better with that agent so when our contract was up we went with an indepedent. He secured us more viewings but still no offers. Everything went dead just before Easter and until last Saturday we didn't have a single viewing. Andrew and I did the viewing and were really positive about it. On Monday they put in an offer of 135k. We accepted and it looks like we may be all done and dusted in 6-8 weeks.
Sarah