Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

whats happened to singapore airlines?

whats happened to singapore airlines?

Old Apr 24th 2006, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

upthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud of
Default whats happened to singapore airlines?

I was looking today on cheap flight to oz sites and not one had singapore airlines on them.Last year when i went to oz there was plenty.I went on there own website and found some good cheap flights so does anyone know why other sites are not selling them.Just interested to see if there is a reason why.Thanks Nikki
Old Apr 24th 2006, 9:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: whats happened to singapore airlines?

Originally Posted by upthehammers
I was looking today on cheap flight to oz sites and not one had singapore airlines on them.Last year when i went to oz there was plenty.I went on there own website and found some good cheap flights so does anyone know why other sites are not selling them.Just interested to see if there is a reason why.Thanks Nikki
Don't know, but I've noticed that as well. I have not found anywhere cheaper than singapore yet though so I will be booking direct with them.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

dadpad has a brilliant futuredadpad has a brilliant futuredadpad has a brilliant futuredadpad has a brilliant futuredadpad has a brilliant futuredadpad has a brilliant futuredadpad has a brilliant future

Have you tried Emirates? I have found them the cheapest so far and having flown with them on a number of occassions I can't sing their praises enough.

http://www.emirates.com/au/ekschedul...tschedules.asp
Old Apr 24th 2006, 10:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dadpad
Have you tried Emirates? I have found them the cheapest so far and having flown with them on a number of occassions I can't sing their praises enough.

http://www.emirates.com/au/ekschedul...tschedules.asp
Yes I had a look at them. But the OH won't go with them cos they don't serve alcohol typical
Old Apr 24th 2006, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

I've found that Malaysia Airlines, Cathay Pacific and Emirates are coming in a lot cheaper than Singapore Airlines.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

dadpad has a brilliant futuredadpad has a brilliant futuredadpad has a brilliant futuredadpad has a brilliant futuredadpad has a brilliant futuredadpad has a brilliant futuredadpad has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by WendyC
Yes I had a look at them. But the OH won't go with them cos they don't serve alcohol typical
You're wrong you know they do serve alcohol. I flew with them 2 weeks ago and I had no less then 2 baileys on the rocks!
Old Apr 24th 2006, 10:17 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

I went into our local travel agents and they came up with a fantastic deal with Singapore Airlines nearly £1000 cheaper than any other I have found, they told me that this deal they got needs to be booked by 5th May and is for flights from 7th August till 7th Dec and can return any time!!

My auntie flys back and forward about 4 times a year (long story and she loaded!!) she flown with nearly all the airlines and she is right fussy, she said No Way to BA and Quantas, but Emirates and Cathy Pacific are OK but Singapore wins hands down she will only fly with them now!!
Old Apr 24th 2006, 10:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Luma
I've found that Malaysia Airlines, Cathay Pacific and Emirates are coming in a lot cheaper than Singapore Airlines.
I think it's because I'm going to Adelaide. The other places like Sydney, etc are sometimes cheaper. But to Adelaide it's £200 each cheaper for the dates I look at.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 10:25 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's because I'm going to Adelaide. The other places like Sydney, etc are sometimes cheaper. But to Adelaide it's £200 each cheaper for the dates I look at.

WendyC

Hi not spoken for a while!! Hope you ok and plans all going in the right direction still!!

We were speaking to our friends in Adelaide on Saturday night and they were saying the new International airport in Adelaide opened a couple of weeks ago and they think that all the major airlines that dont fly into there currently will start in next few months and that there will be good deals about!!

Not sure if that is the case, but they said that is what had been on News and papers etc!!
Old Apr 24th 2006, 10:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by toon williams
WendyC

Hi not spoken for a while!! Hope you ok and plans all going in the right direction still!!

We were speaking to our friends in Adelaide on Saturday night and they were saying the new International airport in Adelaide opened a couple of weeks ago and they think that all the major airlines that dont fly into there currently will start in next few months and that there will be good deals about!!

Not sure if that is the case, but they said that is what had been on News and papers etc!!
Good.

We are hoping to go in June/July so hopefully your friends are right.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 11:05 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by upthehammers

Hiya Nikki

We bought our tickets on LastMinute.com a few days before we were due to leave and there were lots of Singapore Airlines tickets for sale. For two adults and three children, it cost us £2K. Good prices imo.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future

They do serve alcohol - we flew with them last year
Old Apr 25th 2006, 12:16 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

The others are right Wendy ... they do serve it. My MIL was nursing in the Emirates and although alcohol is 'illegal' there's plenty of it if you know where to go. I've travelled Emirates - and had alcohol... and damn good service too. Excellent airline.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 1:23 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

<<My auntie flys back and forward about 4 times a year (long story and she loaded!!)<<

Cultivate her!

(Alternatively, allow me......)
Old Apr 25th 2006, 1:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The main one that serves Aus and doesn't serve alcohol is Royal Brunei. Emirates do serve it.

As for why some places offer cheap flights and some don't - airlines release a certain number of seats at a certain price, and a certain number at another price. Someare released in one direction, some in others, some are released very early, some held back and released later - very complicated system, but it pays to check all possible sources for cheaper priced seats. It also explains why sometimes you can get a cheap late deal. If they have saved seats and then find they are left with more than they bargained for, they will flog them off cheap. The system varies from airline to airline - also in most cases it very expensive to buy direct form the airline, Singapore seem to be an exception here as the airline itself often undercuts agents.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.