Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What's Geelong like?

What's Geelong like?

Old Jul 8th 2004, 9:09 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What's Geelong like?

Can anyone tell me? Is Geelong an attractive place to live?
Old Jul 8th 2004, 9:10 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's Geelong like?

Originally posted by lucyb

i believe alan at go matilda lives there ask him
Old Jul 8th 2004, 10:46 am
kong

No

Old Jul 8th 2004, 10:49 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Ive been through it a few times Lucy & it looks great to me. Its right by the coast, has a nice beach & gardens & kids pool down the front. Good shopping centre etc would be great even if it was only for a couple of years. Think its only about an hour from CBD of Melbourne to.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

hutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the rough

It's near Melbourne like Slough is near to London. Been there a few times but was'nt impressed. It seems a dreary little town to me with not much going for it unless you want to buy a caravan (loads of second hand caravan sale sites) or go to the Elephant and Castle pub. I would think that if you arrived in Geelong from the UK you would think what the f**K have I done.

Regards

Loving Perth
Old Jul 8th 2004, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

you are near to some very beautiful places - Grt Ocean Rd, surf beaches (Torquay, Bell's Beach, etc), wild rugged coastline, Cape Otway (rainforest, waterfalls, hills), plus lots of greenery down that way, the Grampians are reasonably close, and of course only an hour or so from Melbourne.

However, I personally couldn't live in Geelong itself - but it's good enough for others so down to personal pref!!

There are people on the forum who do live in Geelong.

Best of luck
Old Jul 8th 2004, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by hutchy
It's near Melbourne like Slough is near to London. Been there a few times but was'nt impressed. It seems a dreary little town to me with not much going for it unless you want to buy a caravan (loads of second hand caravan sale sites) or go to the Elephant and Castle pub. I would think that if you arrived in Geelong from the UK you would think what the f**K have I done.

Regards

Loving Perth
Hiya Hutchy
So you moved to WA then? When did you go? Last time I heard from you, you were in Vic. Glad to hear you are loving it in WA!
HP
Old Jul 8th 2004, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

hutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the rough
Default yes we moved to wa

hiya hidden paw, yes we did move in jan, and luv perth, bought a lovely house , had a pool built, still sum work to b dun house but it is a newish house so only decoratin etc and addin a few homely touches......so for all of u movin to vic dont b put off, we liked vic but it was always a short term stay for us which meant we did not settle there.........look around and explore , there is sum gorgeous places to visit but perth was for me on account of cheaper houses nr the beach,,,schools and hubbys work,,,,,,,,,,i am very happy here.......anyway hidden paw i understand u may b cumin back to oz,,,,,wow.........let me know how ya get on as i know i have spoken to u before when u were due to move back to uk........xxjan hutchy...........
Old Jul 8th 2004, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Sharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant future

Lucyb

I thought you were looking at Brisbane?

Nick
Old Jul 8th 2004, 1:32 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Geelong is ok, but the drive to Melbournes not all that pretty