Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What's in it for the expats?

What's in it for the expats?

Old Aug 24th 2003, 5:30 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

try this:

I'ts a bit windy in here today
Attached Thumbnails What's in it for the expats?-fart2.gif  
Old Aug 24th 2003, 5:32 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by jayr
Attached Thumbnails What's in it for the expats?-catmouse.gif  
Old Aug 24th 2003, 5:32 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Florida_03
This witty banter must stop!
Old Aug 24th 2003, 5:33 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ceri

Ceri, you beat me to posting my reply, it wasn't responding to yours I have now edited it to make clearer
Old Aug 24th 2003, 5:36 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri, you beat me to posting my reply, it wasn't responding to yours I have now edited it to make clearer

Attached Thumbnails What's in it for the expats?-woohoohoohoo.gif  
Old Aug 24th 2003, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

[QUOTE]Originally posted by janeyray
Crikey!! Without this forum I would be
1. On the beach.
2. Learning to Scuba dive.
3. Learning to surf.
4. Walking in the fresh Aussie air.
5. Playing on one of the many thousand parks, with my children.
6. Having a barbie.
7. learning to kite surf!?
8. Join the Parents association at my daughters school.
9. Play netball for the county.
10. Play hockey for W.A
11. Go power walking.
12. Go 'off roading'.
13. There's got to be a 13???

==============================================

Teehhheeeee LOL
Old Aug 24th 2003, 6:46 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Aug 24th 2003, 7:10 pm
Karma Comedian

Originally posted by Florida_03

Sorry, just foolishly carrying on the tedious vein of posting smilies, really nothing personal, was only being jovial, retracted if misinterpreted.

Regards
Old Aug 24th 2003, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

annyl is an unknown quantity at this point

Best advise I can give to anyone who comes here and dont like what they see or cant settle down for whatever reason, is to move around and see different parts of the country. Hopefully you'll eventually find what you are looking for. I lived in Geelong, Brisbane and Sydney and even returned to the UK before finally settling in Adelaide. I'm not saying its easy, I started all this when my daughter was 1 and finally finished wandering the earth when she was 6 and her brother 4. Been very happy in Adelaide now for 17 years. By all means whinge about things, but for goodness sake be prepared for things not be be perfect straight away and to make changes if your not happy. Its a big diverse country. see it all.
Old Aug 24th 2003, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Wilf, if there weren't discussion and disagreement on this forum, then there wouldn't be any point to the forum in the first place.
If we all agreed with your points of view, then again their would be no point to being on here. Wilf tells us how terrible it is in Oz, so we won't go there, we will go else where. No point signing in to expats anymore.
Wouldn't you be fed up if you wrote these long detailed posts and then no one replied to it, because it must be right because Wilf says so?
Good luck to you Wilf, whatever your decision.

Whisky
Old Aug 24th 2003, 8:14 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's in it for the expats?

Well said Wilf. This site needs the balance that you & some others bring, someone has got to give the pom dreamers a reality check. I lot of things you have said are very relevant & needed to be said, but I also cannot believe that it is all as down there as you made out (I have lived there too). Keep posting Wilf, don't let a few pom/aussie losers get to you. Some of the posts attacking you & others personally are disgraceful & just shows the mentality of some people. THis site will be poorer without your contribution.
Old Aug 24th 2003, 8:33 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

just in relation to wilfs first point about the forum awash with q's from people asking questions about visa's applying etc.

i am guilty of that -thinking that those that have been there done that would be the best to ask

however how do others feel about this - would you prefer that i go to the other forum wilf mentioned.its just the info here is way more useful

your views would be appriciated
Old Aug 24th 2003, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

This isn't Wilfs forum.
If you need some help, or just need everyones view on things, post it on here. I don't mind, as this was where I have had all my queries and doubts answered.

Whisky
Old Aug 24th 2003, 8:50 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Learnt more from Wilf and others im the space of 3 weeks on here than I have done in a year or two of research. If people dont want real answers tell 'em to put their rose-tinted specs on before they log on here. I have wanted to move to Oz for over 20 years and will hopefully go in the next couple of years - the reality of that move has been brought down to earth with the honest and frank responses of people like Wilf and others, and in all honesty I am having some doubts now. The expats who post on here HAVE BEEN THERE, so who better to tell it how it is!!!???
the fact is reality is harder to take than the fantasy that goes on in our dreams - if that kind fo utopia really existed in Oz then most of the world would have moved there by now!!! OK so some of the posts get personal but thats real life - I have worked in lots of places where this sort of interaction happens regularly face to face, and no one goes off into a corner to sulk like they do on here!!!!!!
Wilf, ignore the miserable sods - as everyone else has said they only want to hear what they want to hear. You would probably be the guy that everyone wants to be friends with if they met you in person......
:scared:
Old Aug 24th 2003, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

bryank is an unknown quantity at this point

It was proven a number of times that Wilf had never lived in Australia. All he ever posted was general comments pretty much copying the style of PB. Now that PB has gone, he has obviously realised he can't base his material on PB anymore so has vanished. Funny that.

There was a poll on here a while back & the majority of people wanted Wilf to be banned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.