Reload this Page >

Whats to do in Singapore Airport?

Wikiposts

Whats to do in Singapore Airport?

Old May 22nd 2004, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

mangobuster is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by LaraandBryn
We're having a 3 day stopover so can have a humongous p*ssup!

:
Take PLENTY of cash then, beer is really expensive in Singapore.

You should also definitely head to the New Asia Bar (Stamford hotel, right near the Raffles centre), its on the 73rd floor and the view is to die for!
Old May 22nd 2004, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

If you have more than just a few hours to kill, dont bother with the duty free shops for anything electronic. Head into the city for either Sim Lin square (cheap, but somewhat dubious), or the Funin centre (more recognisable brands), you will save heaps.

The duty free stores for instance sell DVD burners to fit into your PC for about $100 more than in the city.

Places like Sim Lin also rarely ever put the price against the article on display, and seem to have 2 price lists, one for obvious suckers (tourists) and one for local. Be prepared to haggle, let them know you have the cash/credit card and walk away from their first quoted price
Old May 23rd 2004, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

jodie is an unknown quantity at this point

having just stepped off the plane (jetlagged ahhh) I can say that the two hours will fly in Singapore, u can go for a swim but i didnt look at the price.

i just looked in all the duty free and dreamt of what I could buy.....

Originally posted by Trevglas
If you have more than just a few hours to kill, dont bother with the duty free shops for anything electronic. Head into the city for either Sim Lin square (cheap, but somewhat dubious), or the Funin centre (more recognisable brands), you will save heaps.

The duty free stores for instance sell DVD burners to fit into your PC for about $100 more than in the city.

Places like Sim Lin also rarely ever put the price against the article on display, and seem to have 2 price lists, one for obvious suckers (tourists) and one for local. Be prepared to haggle, let them know you have the cash/credit card and walk away from their first quoted price