Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what's Brisbane like?

what's Brisbane like?

Old Sep 24th 2005, 3:53 pm
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of
Default what's Brisbane like?

have just started to apply for skills assesment and are looking to move to brisbane/gold coast. if anyone has moved to these areas i would love to get your views and experiances. look forward to hearing from yoy.
Old Sep 24th 2005, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what's Brisbane like?

Originally Posted by sparks124
have just started to apply for skills assesment and are looking to move to brisbane/gold coast. if anyone has moved to these areas i would love to get your views and experiances. look forward to hearing from yoy.
`There are lots and lots of people on here already in or moving to Brissie.

Do a search on Brisbane and Brisbane related questions and you will be given hundreds of relative threads to read.

Either that or ask a more specific question.
Old Sep 24th 2005, 4:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

what's Brisbane like?

Dark
Old Sep 24th 2005, 4:30 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
what's Brisbane like?

Dark
PMSL have you got daylight savings there?
Old Sep 24th 2005, 4:38 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
PMSL have you got daylight savings there?
Oh no, far too radical, they banned that on the grounds it would scare the animals - cows would be confused and not give milk, and chickens would be confused and stop laying eggs..........oh and there was something about the extra daylight would make the furniture fade........

Just checked outside, still dark Winter must be over though cos the geckos are back on the windows.
Old Sep 24th 2005, 4:53 pm

Oh no, far too radical, they banned that on the grounds it would scare the animals - cows would be confused and not give milk, and chickens would be confused and stop laying eggs..........oh and there was something about the extra daylight would make the furniture fade........

Just checked outside, still dark Winter must be over though cos the geckos are back on the windows.
Sorry Polly I know you dont have it but knew it was one of your bugbears I always remember you talking of keeping the curtains closed cos of your fading furniture.
Old Sep 24th 2005, 4:59 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by possoms
Sorry Polly I know you dont have it but knew it was one of your bugbears I always remember you talking of keeping the curtains closed cos of your fading furniture.
Thought it might be a bit tongue in cheek - still, hasn't come up for a while now so its all worth another airing!

One of the good points of the new house - we have blinds, not curtains, and they let in more light even when closed

Have to admit to a really weird thrill now - I can't wait to be in the UK in 3 weeks time....cos I'll be there when the clocks change! WOW!!!!!! An unusual experience for a Qld resident! It will rank alongside the excitement of the First Trip to Sainsburys

(apologies to the original poster for hijacking, Brisbane is lovely, if still dark, Apparently its a "fair dinkum night for a wander"..........two guys just walked up the hill past the house and I heard one of them say that, word for word! Its 3am FFS!!!!!)
Old Sep 24th 2005, 5:05 pm

Thought it might be a bit tongue in cheek - still, hasn't come up for a while now so its all worth another airing!

One of the good points of the new house - we have blinds, not curtains, and they let in more light even when closed

Have to admit to a really weird thrill now - I can't wait to be in the UK in 3 weeks time....cos I'll be there when the clocks change! WOW!!!!!! An unusual experience for a Qld resident! It will rank alongside the excitement of the First Trip to Sainsburys

(apologies to the original poster for hijacking, Brisbane is lovely, if still dark, Apparently its a "fair dinkum night for a wander"..........two guys just walked up the hill past the house and I heard one of them say that, word for word! Its 3am FFS!!!!!)
You do make me laugh

The walkers sound like a local blokey here who always takes his dog for a walk around 4am, says theres no one about then ... you dont say!!!
Old Sep 24th 2005, 5:15 pm
Home and Happy

Could understand it if there was a dog with them, but no, just two blokes, walking up a very steep hill, and we are 30 minutes walk from any pubs, which makes it odder! Back to the normal silence now....punctuated by the Bloke snoring. He'll wake up shortly and harangue me for being online at this time of night
================================
To the poor, no doubt confused, original poster - I'm in Aspley, north Brisbane, pleasant peaceful suburb, know nothing about schools or kids, but can answer other questions if theres anything specific you want to know.

We have a good supply locally of Mr Kipling, Jaffa cakes, and Foxes Glacier Mints, reasonable cheese, and lettuce at 89 cents. You have the local English idiot, (that'll be me) but most people are friendly. Lots of medical centres, malls and schools, close to the motorway to the Gold and Sunshire Coast, and good roads into the city.
Next question? (will answer in the morning, need sleep now )
Old Sep 24th 2005, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

We live in Ormiston which is about a 35-40min drive into the city, just under an hour to the gold coast and about an hour to the sunshine coast. I think Brisbane as a city is great, compared to Leeds anyway.
We love it here and would not live anywhere else.
Old Sep 24th 2005, 9:48 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mand8002
We live in Ormiston which is about a 35-40min drive into the city, just under an hour to the gold coast and about an hour to the sunshine coast. I think Brisbane as a city is great, compared to Leeds anyway.
We love it here and would not live anywhere else.
Good on ya
Old Sep 24th 2005, 9:51 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Weve had the geckos lol, here for a week or so now, love the noise they make. You know its warmin up, when they start chirpin
Old Sep 24th 2005, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

funkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Weve had the geckos lol, here for a week or so now, love the noise they make. You know its warmin up, when they start chirpin
Sorry, but what are geckos
Old Sep 25th 2005, 12:00 am
serious

Hellhound is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by funkybuddah
Sorry, but what are geckos
female computer GEEKS
Old Sep 25th 2005, 1:21 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

'Tis more hilly than I first expected.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.