Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What's a bloke in Australia to do?

What's a bloke in Australia to do?

Old Sep 17th 2004, 3:32 pm
Badge

Default What's a bloke in Australia to do?

All on my tod.

Mrs B is OS. I join her in 1 week.

In the evenings, Ive been eating soup, bread and the occasional bit of Coon. (It's even got teeth marks in it as I can't be bothered to cut it. )

I did the washing up, grumbling, a few days ago in the new house and then realised we have a dish washer which I'd forgotten about. But it's taking me ages to fill it so it still hasn't been used. HUP gave me a tablet for it which I am now saving for the inaugural event.

The thing is, I can cook but I can't be arsed.When you work, you still have to do all the same old, same old; its not all beaches and barbies. Really!

Guess I'll have to wash the sheets next; they don't need doing, but Mrs B will be glad to see new ones on our return. Whats with you sheilas anyhow; Mrs B's got a new set on the bed if you so much as sneeze...

Look on the bright side; HUP and I did the gutters last weekend - he did most of it being as tall as he is 6ft 6in, I did the bit that involved getting on the roof. tomorrow it's shifting some soil around.

rightyo

BM

Last edited by Badge; Sep 17th 2004 at 3:35 pm.

Old Sep 17th 2004, 3:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's a bloke in Australia to do?

You could do what my Bloke did for the best part of 39 years - lie in front on the tv, with arm extended and remote control clutched in hand, surfing frantically between 36 channels of true garbage..........
(then I moved in and now have Possession of remote for a whole 2 hours per week! :scared: )

Theres a line in The Wall, by Pink Floyd "I've got 16 channels of s**t on the TV to choose from, I've got wide staring eyes......." Should be the theme tune of Foxtel!
Old Sep 24th 2004, 12:19 am
Monkey

> Guess I'll have to wash the sheets next; they don't need doing,
    > but Mrs B will be glad to see new ones on our return.

Don't do it, or she'll be suspicious...

--
Paul
http://www.labrose.com

Old Sep 24th 2004, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

odaat will become famous soon enough

I subscribe to a rent a wife service - its great !