Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What is your plans for New year? The same or different?

What is your plans for New year? The same or different?

Old Dec 27th 2006, 5:47 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default What is your plans for New year? The same or different?

Just curious. I have spent the last 5 New Years in Thailand(Bangkok). Most years i spent it at Khao San Road with a big bunch of foreign and Thai friends. Always had a great time and got smashed. Last year was good but a bit quieter and spent around soi 7 Suk. At my mates pub. It was good but different from the previous years. This year, since i no longer live in Thailand and have now moved with the wife to Sydney Australia. It will be different. My English mate has a place just over the harbour bridge. His place looks onto the bridge from a slight angle. So for me and the wife it will be a first of seeing the fireworks over and on the harbour bridge. I have been here before for NY but i was at a club and indoors getting off my head. So this year. I look forward to it. Drinking, eating and having a blast while seeing the amazing fireworks. So what you up to? Something different or pretty much the same.
Old Dec 27th 2006, 6:39 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is your plans for New year? The same or different?

Last year I was in Brisbane working on NYE. This year will be my first proper New Year in my home of Melbourne so I'll get pissed and watch fireworks over the Yarra......unless the weather is shit, when I'll sit at home and get pissed
Old Dec 27th 2006, 6:53 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shakmaty
Last year I was in Brisbane working on NYE. This year will be my first proper New Year in my home of Melbourne so I'll get pissed and watch fireworks over the Yarra......unless the weather is shit, when I'll sit at home and get pissed

Good luck and Happy New Year for when it comes.
Old Dec 27th 2006, 7:07 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jockstar
Good luck and Happy New Year for when it comes.
The one thing I can say for definite is I'll be

Have a good one yourself
Old Dec 27th 2006, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to all

we live right on the nsw/qld border at tweed heads so will be celebrating new year in tweed then one hour later it all goes off again up the road! should be fun this year as we have two mates here from birmingham along with friends we have made here.... there seem to be loads of fireworks arranged, some earlier for kids then more at midnight in both states. the best place will be twin towns club probably (for the qld fireworks) as they are set off over the boat harbour and its a great vantage point.
good and bad being on the border - alot of couples work on a time zone each and the tv times on terrestrial tv are one later than advertised, we have to remember planes from goldcoast airport are on qld time etc etc... can catch the bank if you missed it on the tweed and drink later in qld if you want...
wierd...
Old Dec 29th 2006, 6:39 am
Freedom!

Originally Posted by Shakmaty
The one thing I can say for definite is I'll be

Have a good one yourself

Same. Also its the wifes first New year away from Thailand. So i'm sure there will be a few tears and plenty of beers.

Last edited by Jockstar; Dec 29th 2006 at 8:31 am.
Old Dec 29th 2006, 6:47 am
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

We have 3 kids and so we are heading off to Cannington Greyhounds as the kids love watching them, and we can have a beer and hot chips and bet $2 on a mystery trifecta. Thats exciting as it gets at our house!
Old Dec 29th 2006, 8:58 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

We're off to the rodeo in Litchfield and will follow that up with copius amounts of alcohol. While travelling through QLD and NT, we seemed to be 2 weeks behind the rodeo in every town we went so we'll finally get to one this Sunday
Old Dec 31st 2006, 8:55 am
A modern day warrior

Tom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute

Be in bed at 10pm.
Been at work today 'til 6pm and in again tommorrow at 6am. Have a great evening....at least I won't suffer in the morning.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Hi we are off to see the new year in with Neil's 88 year old gran. Plan to eat, drink and be merry. Then Happy New Year to one and all
Old Dec 31st 2006, 12:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, we are doing the same as the past two years, sitting in cos the kids are asleep, no babysitter (and a boring hubby who is asleep !! )

Tomorrow I'm going to get drunk at my cousins house though (see if hubby likes it when I fall asleep on him, haha )
Old Dec 31st 2006, 2:34 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

my plan is in gods hands..

ive sold my house,which we were going to do anyway..

moved into rented

passed the tra

waiting for the nod..

going on a month long rekkie in 3 hours..

but we have not got a clue where we will be this time next year,,
we have no plans for the first time in my life,,flippin weired..

god be with us on our travels..

aston and family
Old Jan 1st 2007, 6:05 am
Freedom!

New Year was great. The wife had a blast. Her first time away from home for NY. Went to the Killibilly Pub first then back to my mates gaff for more beers and prime view of the city and bridge.