Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What is your biggest fear?

What is your biggest fear?

Old Nov 22nd 2005, 12:52 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute
Default What is your biggest fear?

Husband and I were chatting yesterday about our fears in moving to Oz. I suppose my main one is getting the kids settled into good schools and that they are happy!! Husbands is finding a job he likes that pays good money!! We have many other fears to as I am sure everyone does, but just wondered what other peoples fears were!!

It is more than likely when I read the replies there will be things I have not thought about and therefore will add them to my ever increasing "fear" list!! ha ha
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 1:05 pm

hutchy59 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: What is your biggest fear?

Now that we have decided that we are going to make the move our fear is that we get knocked back at the last moment
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 1:06 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What is your biggest fear?

Rejection ...

Originally Posted by toon williams
Husband and I were chatting yesterday about our fears in moving to Oz. I suppose my main one is getting the kids settled into good schools and that they are happy!! Husbands is finding a job he likes that pays good money!! We have many other fears to as I am sure everyone does, but just wondered what other peoples fears were!!

It is more than likely when I read the replies there will be things I have not thought about and therefore will add them to my ever increasing "fear" list!! ha ha
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 2:21 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: What is your biggest fear?

Regretting giving up two good public sector jobs/ pensions.
Regretting leaving remaining relatives and lifelong friends
Failure to acclimatize.

Nowt much else.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 2:27 pm
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: What is your biggest fear?

I have to agree, after all the hipe and planning, to then be rejected would be soul destroying!

The other thing is are we doing the right thing?, I know we are but it's all questions and what if's just now. Currently we are trying to decide between going blind and doing an expensive recce.

What if we do a recce and we find we don't like oz. But then once the visas are granted we only have a year from the police checks to get into the country even on a holiday, but if we dont do a recce and try to go blind, what happens if we don't sell the house in time, we will still have to do a recce or go without selling the house and rent it out. This is all going around in my head and we havent even got the bloody visas yet!! What to do, what to do?????aaaarrrrgggghhhh

Then what if the kids hate school, hubby can't get a job, I can't get a job, can't afford a house cos of increased house prices - I could go on forever but on the bright side the weather is better, everyone is friendlier the food, next to the sea. What is the worst that could happen? We have to come home - nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

It will all work out in the end I'm sure!

Last edited by belleandscone; Nov 22nd 2005 at 3:47 pm.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 2:32 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Our biggest fear is not getting decent jobs.

Other fear: that house prices in our area fall and house prices in Perth rise to a level where we won't be able to buy the kind of house in the kind of location we would like.

Gina
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: What is your biggest fear?

Originally Posted by mindblower
Regretting giving up two good public sector jobs/ pensions.
Regretting leaving remaining relatives and lifelong friends
Failure to acclimatize.

Nowt much else.
MY fear is hubby and i paying ÂŁ27,000 for our parent contribution visa were in our 50 and hubby not finding any work out there Janet
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 2:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Me failing the medical because I had a pituitary Tumour and stuffing it up for the whole family....
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 2:50 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

The rest of family hating it and wanting to come home and me loving it and wanting to stay or vice versa.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice

Having never been to Oz,my fear is it being nothing like I imagined :scared:

But we should have another thread for "what is you biggest hope?" & my answer would be that it is everything I expected - sounds better that way round!
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud of

My greatest fear will always be waking up and finding a grey pube.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

pioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud of

Hi
My biggest fear this week is will I be able to do it. Hubby is so excited and can't wait. I told my grandparents at the weekend that we had got our visas
it had taken me a week to pluck up the courage to break it to them. I then spent an hour sobbing, my poor Nan took it badly she knew that we had applied, she broke down in tears and poor grandad had to take phone off her and he was crying. I have never seen or heard either of them cry before.
I know that its not going to be easy to say goodbye, and I know I should put my hubby and three boys first but at the moment Im not sure how I feel.
Sorry if this is a depressing message.
Sharon x
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 3:40 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lordflasheart
My greatest fear will always be waking up and finding a grey pube.
Good grief! just thought about Curb your Enthusiasm *cough* *CHOKE* :scared:
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

ugez009sumi will become famous soon enoughugez009sumi will become famous soon enough

I move to Sydney on Feb 4th. I am leaving many many things behind, only been to Sydney on a 2 weeks holiday, and am going into the unknown. I am only focusing on the positives, if I think about negatives to much it will eat me up.

I am thinking if I don’t do this I will never know what direction my life will take. I am thinking if it does not work out and the worry become real, then at least I tried and the worst things is I have to go back to UK.

Ultimately, in past I have worried about many things, in end they did not end up as the problems, something else I never imagined did. Also worrying never actually solved the problem…
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all

Our fear until recently was failing the medical. Now its just being knocked back at the last minute. We are so close but it still seems so far. The worst part is the stress of the not knowing and the waiting game. Thankfully we sold the home several months ago so thats out the way. Have been renting since then.
I cant wait to be in Oz and being able to say it was worth all the stress.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.