Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What was your Allied Pickford's quote please?

What was your Allied Pickford's quote please?

Old May 18th 2007, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Techno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Default What was your Allied Pickford's quote please?

Hello all....

I am just collating all my shipping quotes.

So far, I really like Allied Pickford's.

They are not far off the mark in terms of where their quote has come against others, and they seemed very professional.

I am about to start the haggling game.

Can anyone that used Allied Pickford's for a move from the UK to Aus, ( Melbourne in particular ), please tell me what they charged you so I can get some data together for my haggling?

Thanks.
Old May 18th 2007, 9:43 am

carmele is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What was your Allied Pickford's quote please?

How much are you shipping?

We are not going to Melbourne but to Canberra and are shipping a 20 ft container:

Anglo Pacific has quoted us £3395.00

Bowies and HEaton have quoted us £3297.00 for a 20ft reefer container.

Got Allied Pickfords, Crown and another one coming round next week so will let you know.

Lets know how you get on with your haggling!

c
Old May 18th 2007, 10:16 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Bear in mind that a reefer is about 85% of the volume of a full 20 foot due to the refrigeration unit taking up space.

Buzzy
Old May 19th 2007, 5:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Techno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carmele
How much are you shipping?

We are not going to Melbourne but to Canberra and are shipping a 20 ft container:

Anglo Pacific has quoted us £3395.00

Bowies and HEaton have quoted us £3297.00 for a 20ft reefer container.

Got Allied Pickfords, Crown and another one coming round next week so will let you know.

Lets know how you get on with your haggling!

c
We're shipping between 20 & 25 cubic meters, depending on how we end up doing it.

If we go groupage, we'll stick with 20 - if we go sole use, we'll fill the damn thing up!
Old May 19th 2007, 5:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Bear in mind that a reefer is about 85% of the volume of a full 20 foot due to the refrigeration unit taking up space.

Buzzy
Cheers Buzzy.
Old May 19th 2007, 12:16 pm
UK to Brissy - August 07

smoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nice

Hi
I have had White's and Atlantic out and both told me that we have just less than a 20 foot container. Pickfords tried to tell me that I had over a 20 ft container and that I wold have to have a 40ft or loose some stuff, I find that hard to believe. Also during the converstion we spoke about OH having be offered a job out in Oz and he asked would the company would be paying for the move. Even though they are I said NO as I feel that the price would certainly have been more. He was very thorough but I don't like be taken for a ride, 40 foot my A*S*.

Atlantic were good and PSS coming next week.
Old May 19th 2007, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Techno Freak
Hello all....

They are not far off the mark in terms of where their quote has come against others, and they seemed very professional.

Can anyone that used Allied Pickford's for a move from the UK to Aus, ( Melbourne in particular ), please tell me what they charged you so I can get some data together for my haggling?

Thanks.
Pickfords met our best quote and gave us additional space when we started haggling.... They just needed to see a copy of the other quote to check it was like-for-like. Met it straight away.... Good Luck
Old May 19th 2007, 12:24 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

£1200 with britania,thats for half a container and us packing half..

the bleedin cat cost more than that
Old May 19th 2007, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

So far we've had white and co out and Crown, got Pickfords and Brittania coming out next week.

At the moment I'm swaying with crown due to their professionalism and I like the fact that it is only crown dealing with our stuff.

Crown quote is 2,053.00 for a part container and we awaiting Whites to come in. When they come in I will play them off against each other and see what I can come up with.
Old May 19th 2007, 12:45 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kezzabird
So far we've had white and co out and Crown, got Pickfords and Brittania coming out next week.

At the moment I'm swaying with crown due to their professionalism and I like the fact that it is only crown dealing with our stuff.

Crown quote is 2,053.00 for a part container and we awaiting Whites to come in. When they come in I will play them off against each other and see what I can come up with.
leave the other quotes on the table..not the price but the brochure

mine couldnt get his eyes off it....
Old May 19th 2007, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Techno Freak
Hello all....

Thanks.
We Used Allied Pickfords because they were the only ones who bothered to reply to our on-line quotes. We paid roughly £2100 including their insurance for a 20 ft shared container from Poole to Perth which is what we were expecting. Geographically this is a shorter route than to Melbourne so the price will differ. We found their service excellent at both sides and would reccommend them.

Good Luck

John
Old May 19th 2007, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to all

Sorry to sound like a stupid woman , but aproxx how much stuff can you fit in to a 20ft container ?

We don't want to take loads of furniture, maybe the sofa, some personal things, computer, and my oh chainsaws and tools. I'm not even sure how much space we would need. We are still waiting on the TRA responce so not quite at the stage of getting quotes, just want to start getting rid of stuff we wont be taking and wondering if we will end up with space in a container for stuff we could have taken.

Just read that back and it looks really quite confusing to me
Any help would be great.
Old May 19th 2007, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shoan and Rich
Sorry to sound like a stupid woman , but aproxx how much stuff can you fit in to a 20ft container ?

We don't want to take loads of furniture, maybe the sofa, some personal things, computer, and my oh chainsaws and tools. I'm not even sure how much space we would need. We are still waiting on the TRA responce so not quite at the stage of getting quotes, just want to start getting rid of stuff we wont be taking and wondering if we will end up with space in a container for stuff we could have taken.

Just read that back and it looks really quite confusing to me
Any help would be great.
Hi Shoan & Rich, Quite a lot really when packed properly the agents reckon they can get the contents of an average 3 bed house in one. The container is roughly the size of a single garage. We used a shared 20ft container and brought over
These were the largest items
3 seater settee
2 seater settee
Dining room table & 4 chairs
2 Tv's, Home Pc
Welsh Dresser
2 coffee tables
Microwave
We had approx 40 boxes of personal items,kids toys,Linen,Clothes,Dvds, Photos,Pictures,Videos
Kitchen stuff, pots & pans
Garage stuff tools etc but no garden stuff
Its surprising how much stuff you have even after you have de-cluttered

Good Luck

John
Old May 19th 2007, 4:47 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man
£1200 with britania,thats for half a container and us packing half..

the bleedin cat cost more than that
Thought you were using 'Atlantis' Aston? C x
Old May 19th 2007, 5:05 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by shiels
Thought you were using 'Atlantis' Aston? C x
flippin hell,sorry im still full of beer from last night,,,

i am

how could i have forgotten that bloke with the webbed fingers...

Last edited by aston man; May 19th 2007 at 6:04 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.