Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What would you ask for if.................

What would you ask for if.................

Old Jan 7th 2005, 11:37 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default What would you ask for if.................

You had half a suitcase to empty that you could fill with anything (legal obviously!) from Blighty??

The F.I.L is popping over for a quick visit without his wife so will have heaps of space in his case, he says he'll bring anything we want

Before you start to shout me down and tell me this isn't the UK and i shouldn't be so sad, please remember that my taste buds lived there for the best part of 34 years and they miss certain things!! (STOP IT!!)

So far the list is....

Rinsted pastilles (my mouth ulsers deserve relief)
bazooka gel (apparently they don't have verucas here, just warts, and the stuff don't work very well on your feet IMO)
Hula hoops
walnut whips
dime bars
oxo gravy granuels
marmite (obviously )
pickled onion monster munch (for my boy)
cadburys caramel (for my girl)

( iwould also love a decent chinese and some real fish and chips, in a bag, not a box, with crunchy batter and heaps of brown vinegar, but hey it doesn't hurt to want for something i guess )

Any thing else anyone would recommend?
Old Jan 7th 2005, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: What would you ask for if.................

washing powder
Old Jan 7th 2005, 11:44 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Whereabouts in the UK are you from? Reason I ask is that I'm from Sheffield originally and there's something called Henderson's Relish (pretty similar to Worcestershire Sauce) that you can only get there. I miss that and I'm only in Oxford!

Otherwise crisps (lots of them). And washing powder. That's what I'll be bringing with me when we head off.

Originally Posted by hevs
You had half a suitcase to empty that you could fill with anything (legal obviously!) from Blighty??

The F.I.L is popping over for a quick visit without his wife so will have heaps of space in his case, he says he'll bring anything we want

Before you start to shout me down and tell me this isn't the UK and i shouldn't be so sad, please remember that my taste buds lived there for the best part of 34 years and they miss certain things!! (STOP IT!!)

So far the list is....

bazooka gel (apparently they don't have verucas here, just warts, and the stuff don't work very well on your feet IMO)
Hula hoops
walnut whips
dime bars
oxo gravy granuels
marmite (obviously )

( iwould also love a decent chinese and some real fish and chips, in a bag, not a box, with crunchy batter and heaps of brown vinegar, but hey it doesn't hurt to want for something i guess )

Old Jan 7th 2005, 11:46 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debsy
washing powder
Apparently you can't get knickers in Aus, so perhaps a box of them
Old Jan 7th 2005, 11:49 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

socks and shoes iv heard there is a shortage
Old Jan 7th 2005, 11:54 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Whereabouts in the UK are you from? Reason I ask is that I'm from Sheffield originally and there's something called Henderson's Relish (pretty similar to Worcestershire Sauce) that you can only get there..

im in sheffield.....just give me the nod and i'll post you some!
Old Jan 7th 2005, 11:56 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic stuff, init?! 'Specially on cheese on toast. But Mr GG tells me that we have to start eating up the stuff in the cupboards as we're off soon. So this week I will mainly be eating lentil curry.

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
im in sheffield.....just give me the nod and i'll post you some!

Last edited by Geordie George; Jan 7th 2005 at 11:57 am. Reason: It would seem I can't spell 'lentil'. Doh!
Old Jan 7th 2005, 12:04 pm

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Hello,

Any books that you want to keep (rather than borrow from the library).

Don't know why books are expensive here: thank heavens the libraries are good.

Cheers
Alistair
Old Jan 7th 2005, 12:09 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kirsty&al
Hello,

Any books that you want to keep (rather than borrow from the library).

Don't know why books are expensive here: thank heavens the libraries are good.

Cheers
Alistair
HUP's in the process of doing a rather large Amazon order to be delivered to his kindly Dads house just in time for him to drop them into the case
Old Jan 7th 2005, 12:11 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

decent chocolate
marmite
favourite makeup
la senza lingerie

oh, what a tart!
Old Jan 7th 2005, 2:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

So far the list is....

Hula hoops
walnut whips
dime bars
oxo gravy granuels
marmite (obviously )

Hevs,
Have a look ar www.treatsfromhome.com.au Monster Munch and Hula Hoops by post from Sydney!!
Otherwise they would be top of my list.
Along with:
Dry Blackthorn Cider
M & S Knickers and bras
Beechams Powders - don;t know whats in them, but I can;t cope without them!
Flu Plus
Homepride Cook-in Sauces
Mini Cheddars
Taboo

Same as Hevs - when your taste buds are used to something it takes a long time to grow out of it!
Old Jan 7th 2005, 2:17 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Same as Hevs - when your taste buds are used to something it takes a long time to grow out of it!

...kinda like going on a permanent diet is it??
argh...i fell off my diet wagon on the second day.

can folks not post you stuff from the uk that you want, food-wise?

my other half wants reassuring you can buy squirty cream. men

sue
Old Jan 7th 2005, 2:22 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
...kinda like going on a permanent diet is it??
argh...i fell off my diet wagon on the second day.

can folks not post you stuff from the uk that you want, food-wise?

my other half wants reassuring you can buy squirty cream. men

sue
Sime stuff, like the knickers, is fine, you can get it posted. Trouble is tins of Homepride are quite heavy to post, and bottles of cider would break! When I can afford a return trip to the UK I am taking empty suitcases......!!
Old Jan 7th 2005, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

lol,i think a chinese or fish and chips will be a bit smelly in a suit case.

MMmmmm maybe we had better have plenty of those before we go over.

tracey.

So far the list is....

Hula hoops
walnut whips
dime bars
oxo gravy granuels
marmite (obviously )

Old Jan 7th 2005, 2:32 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

A barrel of Pedigree

G

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.