Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What would u do?

What would u do?

Old Feb 4th 2010, 7:49 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default What would u do?

K, we flew Qantas Business class to Singapore, the OH's employers paid for it, anyhoo we fly onwards to Oz 2moro. The problem is this, I left a wee red wallet speaker system on the plane with a cd, some cables, and my bl**dy iPod in it! I phoned lost and found and it's all been found minus my iPod, I've to pick it up 2moro, should I complain re iPod having been taken or accept my own stupidity and be grateful I got something back?!
Old Feb 4th 2010, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

Babycoach is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What would u do?

get over it ...as they say in Oz
Old Feb 4th 2010, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all

But we are poms surely an IPod is worth having a moan about,lol.

Good luck Jen ,i would certainly mention the item thats missing even though deep down i wouldnt think anyone would admit to taking it.Gotta be worth a try though.

Cal x
Old Feb 4th 2010, 9:09 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd mention it but as you can't prove that it was with the rest of the stuff, the onus would be on you to prove that it was stolen, you don't have the time and it's probably not worth the aggro.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

I had just just gotten the latest sony walkman b4 coming here and I left it on the 1st plane we were on, have a school friend in NSW who did the same - UNluck of the Irish

I have an ipod now

Lynn xx
Old Feb 4th 2010, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

AlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by the4ofus
I had just just gotten the latest sony walkman b4 coming here and I left it on the 1st plane we were on, have a school friend in NSW who did the same - UNluck of the Irish

I have an ipod now

Lynn xx
Did you find Jens? lol!! I would mention it, why hand some stuff in and not the rest!

Tracy
Old Feb 4th 2010, 11:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

I'd buy new (better) one probably. No chance of getting back I'm afraid.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 2:52 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

I'm p*ssed off though, as the OH bought me it the Christmas before last, GRRRRR Yes I'm a sentimental owl git lol
Old Feb 4th 2010, 5:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Be grateful you got anything back at all really. They usually tell you not to expect it because it usually goes straight in the bin if you have left something in a seat pocket. However, I suspect an ipod would have found its way into someone else's pocket! Put it down to experience, claim off insurance if you like and buy another one duty free.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 5:54 pm
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
I'm p*ssed off though, as the OH bought me it the Christmas before last, GRRRRR Yes I'm a sentimental owl git lol
It could be worse, you are alive healthy and moving towards a big adventure.
Why have we become so materialistic?

Carol
Old Feb 4th 2010, 6:01 pm
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Always a big thing when you are jet lagged to I suppose you don't need anything else to go wrong on top of that!

Carol
Old Feb 4th 2010, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond repute

Years ago when I was on a trip with her from Belfast to Greece, my best friend managed to lose her original personal stereo on the flight from Belfast to London. She bought another (expensive) one at Gatwick. She managed to lose this one on the flight from London to Athens. Bought a third one in Athens and it was lost before we reached our accommodation. She gave up after that!
Old Feb 4th 2010, 8:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I would probably mention it to customer services and have a bit of a moan. But it is a write off. Nothing else for it but to buy a new one.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

nevster is an unknown quantity at this point

Just claim for it on your travel insurance if you have a zero excess.

Otherwise all you can do is hope that your taste in music is bad enough for them to return it
Old Feb 4th 2010, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

australianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud of

Seeing as you got everything back minus the ipod, you can safely say its been stolen, make a complaint to the airline, it can't hurt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.