British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   What would u do? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/what-would-u-do-652974/)

Jen1977ni Feb 4th 2010 7:49 am

What would u do?

K, we flew Qantas Business class to Singapore, the OH's employers paid for it, anyhoo we fly onwards to Oz 2moro. The problem is this, I left a wee red wallet speaker system on the plane with a cd, some cables, and my bl**dy iPod in it! I phoned lost and found and it's all been found minus my iPod, I've to pick it up 2moro, should I complain re iPod having been taken or accept my own stupidity and be grateful I got something back?!

Babycoach Feb 4th 2010 8:13 am

Re: What would u do?

get over it ...as they say in Oz

calNgary Feb 4th 2010 8:22 am

But we are poms surely an IPod is worth having a moan about,lol.

Good luck Jen ,i would certainly mention the item thats missing even though deep down i wouldnt think anyone would admit to taking it.Gotta be worth a try though.

Cal x

moneypenny20 Feb 4th 2010 9:09 am

I'd mention it but as you can't prove that it was with the rest of the stuff, the onus would be on you to prove that it was stolen, you don't have the time and it's probably not worth the aggro.

the4ofus Feb 4th 2010 10:20 am

I had just just gotten the latest sony walkman b4 coming here and I left it on the 1st plane we were on, have a school friend in NSW who did the same - UNluck of the Irish :frown::frown:

I have an ipod now :thumbup:

Lynn xx

AlanEll Feb 4th 2010 10:44 am

Originally Posted by the4ofus (Post 8310995)
I had just just gotten the latest sony walkman b4 coming here and I left it on the 1st plane we were on, have a school friend in NSW who did the same - UNluck of the Irish :frown::frown:

I have an ipod now :thumbup:

Lynn xx

Did you find Jens? lol!! I would mention it, why hand some stuff in and not the rest!

Tracy:unsure:

Alfresco Feb 4th 2010 11:52 am

:(

I'd buy new (better) one probably. No chance of getting back I'm afraid.:thumbdown:

Jen1977ni Feb 4th 2010 2:52 pm

I'm p*ssed off though, as the OH bought me it the Christmas before last, GRRRRR :( Yes I'm a sentimental owl git lol

quoll Feb 4th 2010 5:49 pm

Be grateful you got anything back at all really. They usually tell you not to expect it because it usually goes straight in the bin if you have left something in a seat pocket. However, I suspect an ipod would have found its way into someone else's pocket! Put it down to experience, claim off insurance if you like and buy another one duty free.

mabozar Feb 4th 2010 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni (Post 8311652)
I'm p*ssed off though, as the OH bought me it the Christmas before last, GRRRRR :( Yes I'm a sentimental owl git lol

It could be worse, you are alive healthy and moving towards a big adventure.
Why have we become so materialistic?

Carol

mabozar Feb 4th 2010 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni (Post 8311652)

Always a big thing when you are jet lagged to I suppose you don't need anything else to go wrong on top of that!

Carol

Rainydaze Feb 4th 2010 8:43 pm

Years ago when I was on a trip with her from Belfast to Greece, my best friend managed to lose her original personal stereo on the flight from Belfast to London. She bought another (expensive) one at Gatwick. She managed to lose this one on the flight from London to Athens. Bought a third one in Athens and it was lost before we reached our accommodation. She gave up after that! :rofl:

Bermudashorts Feb 4th 2010 8:54 pm

I would probably mention it to customer services and have a bit of a moan. But it is a write off. Nothing else for it but to buy a new one. :(

nevster Feb 4th 2010 9:05 pm

Just claim for it on your travel insurance if you have a zero excess.

Otherwise all you can do is hope that your taste in music is bad enough for them to return it

australianinleicester Feb 4th 2010 9:19 pm

Seeing as you got everything back minus the ipod, you can safely say its been stolen, make a complaint to the airline, it can't hurt.