Reload this Page >

What to wear for interview

What to wear for interview

Old Sep 12th 2006, 12:17 pm
Brisbane here we come!

myedsore will become famous soon enoughmyedsore will become famous soon enough
Default What to wear for interview

Hi All

I am flying out to Brissie on Saturday for an interview and wondered what the Aussies deem as acceptable interview wear.
I am a Mechanical Design Engineer and normally I would wear a suit and tie, however this time I felt that because of the hotter weather and laid back approach I would go in a smart short sleeve shirt & trousers with no tie.

What do you think. Will let you all know how it goes when I'm back on Friday.

Cheers
Mark
Old Sep 12th 2006, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: What to wear for interview

Think I would stick with the suit.................and it is still a bit nippy!!
Old Sep 12th 2006, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Santa is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by myedsore
Hi All

I am flying out to Brissie on Saturday for an interview and wondered what the Aussies deem as acceptable interview wear.
I am a Mechanical Design Engineer and normally I would wear a suit and tie, however this time I felt that because of the hotter weather and laid back approach I would go in a smart short sleeve shirt & trousers with no tie.

Cheers
Mark
Go with the suit and tie. Don't want to turn up and find them dressed up and your not !
Old Sep 12th 2006, 12:24 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by myedsore
Hi All

Cheers
Mark
For your line of work I would stick with the suit and tie, Australia is not that laid back to go in short sleeve shirt etc. You can wear whatever you are comfortable in and is acceptable after you get the position.