Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What visa is Prince Charles travelling on?

Wikiposts

What visa is Prince Charles travelling on?

Old Feb 28th 2005, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is his purpose?

[/IMG]http://britishexpats.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=12331&stc=1
Attached Thumbnails What visa is Prince Charles travelling on?-camilla2.jpg  
Old Mar 1st 2005, 12:47 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: What visa is Prince Charles travelling on?

Originally Posted by RichS

Likewise in this country I don't actually feel half the people here should be trusted with the vote, on the grounds that they are clearly stupid.

Now of course I'll get flamed for that point of view, but please tell me how well equipped do you think the public are to decide on the merits of the philosophical, economic and strategic decision policies of the respective candidates for power.

).

what a cynical view you have there. If you think this is the case perhaps the public should not be free , or trusted to elect their own governments(Mind you this could be a very good "for" case looking at the idiots we have in power at the moment)

Take the vote off stupid people, take the vote off non landholders, take the vote off women too while we are at it too. Just allow the vote for gentry and freemen. Oops we've been there. Would you like to go back into time? Personally I think I'd prefer to live now and not back in the mists of time where life was much tougher without some of the Democracy we have today.

cheers

http://www.republic.org.au/homepagehtml.htm

http://www.britishrepublic.org.uk/

http://www.freewales.info/

Last edited by Ceri; Mar 1st 2005 at 1:04 pm.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

I'm simply arguing that people seem to have this happy notion that democracy is the utopian ideal for which we should strive. I personally don't necessarily think that it is always the right way. There's a lot to be said in my mind for benign dictatorships. Singapore comes to mind.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Ascot Berks(06.04) to Cronulla nr Sydney back to Ascot (04.05)
Rosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really nice

Wasnt it Matthew Arnold who argued against democracy for a 'Council of Sages' i.e clever/successful people in their careers who now led politically - much like the House of Lords without the inheritance requirement.
Great idea I dont know how theyd agree on anything though
Old Mar 1st 2005, 3:47 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

I'm simply arguing that people seem to have this happy notion that democracy is the utopian ideal for which we should strive. I personally don't necessarily think that it is always the right way. There's a lot to be said in my mind for benign dictatorships. Singapore comes to mind.
Singapore is not a good example for the "for".And you know that.

I doubt very much Britain would ever go down that road - they are not that stupid to allow a dictatorship ( mind you Aus maybe that stupid - compulsory voting here for one is bordering on it). Number one most Brits fight back, number two they are not brainwashed, or too scared to open their mouths for fear of getting banged up in jail, like most of them there in Singapore. You can not compare Singapore's " so called democracy" to what may happen if Britain becomes a republic.

You underestimate British people. we are not a new country, nearly every human rights we have today was fought by normal people not given to us by the queen, or king.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default What planet is Charles on?

Bugger, I’ve just seen on the BBC website this clown is coming to NZ very soon.

Can you please keep him in Oz just for a little bit longer?

Pretty please with sugar on top!

I thankyou
Old Mar 1st 2005, 4:04 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Default Re: What planet is Charles on?

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
Bugger, I’ve just seen on the BBC website this clown is coming to NZ very soon.

Can you please keep him in Oz just for a little bit longer?

Pretty please with sugar on top!

I thankyou
I'd be more worried about this if I were you "Donny" (your pic is of him is it not?))
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/4307755.stm

Last edited by Ceri; Mar 1st 2005 at 4:06 pm.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Ceri
Singapore is not a good example for the "for".And you know that.

I doubt very much Britain would ever go down that road - they are not that stupid to allow a dictatorship ( mind you Aus maybe that stupid - compulsory voting here for one is bordering on it). Number one most Brits fight back, number two they are not brainwashed, or too scared to open their mouths for fear of getting banged up in jail, like most of them there in Singapore. You can not compare Singapore's " so called democracy" to what may happen if Britain becomes a republic.

You underestimate British people. we are not a new country, nearly every human rights we have today was fought by normal people not given to us by the queen, or king.
I just knew when I was writing this one that you wouldn't be able to resist. I think LKY would make an excellent replacement for Mr Smiley.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 4:37 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

I just knew when I was writing this one that you wouldn't be able to resist. I think LKY would make an excellent replacement for Mr Smiley.
It would tie in with you lot wanting to kill car thieves "referring to the Sydney riots thread" LKY - any relation to you?
You are starting to sound like him, and his

Last edited by Ceri; Mar 1st 2005 at 4:42 pm.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What planet is Charles on?

Originally Posted by Ceri
I'd be more worried about this if I were you "Donny" (your pic is of him is it not?))
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/4307755.stm
Donny, Donny?!? As in Donny Osmond??

I should say not!!

Cliff Richard........ah..........now there's a nice guy!!

Still put them all up against the wall, oh and for the hell of it, Donny Osmond as well!!

I thankyou
Old Mar 4th 2005, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Big Ears in New Zealand!!!!!

Still would not cross the road to fart in his face!!!!!!!

I thankyou