Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What visa to go for?

What visa to go for?

Old Aug 25th 2004, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

cariad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What visa to go for?

Hi. I have previously posted on this site re type of visa that I should go for but didnt explain fully the circumstances. My boyfriend of six years already has his visa. We decided that when he applied for his visa that it would be too complicated to prove the de-facto thing, although we were living together we didnt have joint bank accounts etc. Also, I was doing my nurse training and thought I would get in by my own means at later date.

I am only five months away from finishing my studies and it seems from reading other threads on this site that it may be quicker to apply on my boyfriends name? Does anyone have any thoughts/ideas on this subject and would immigration take a dim view to the fact that boyfriend didnt apply originally for my visa?

Thanks any help would br greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 25th 2004, 3:08 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What visa to go for?

Originally Posted by cariad
Hi. I have previously posted on this site re type of visa that I should go for but didnt explain fully the circumstances. My boyfriend of six years already has his visa. We decided that when he applied for his visa that it would be too complicated to prove the de-facto thing, although we were living together we didnt have joint bank accounts etc. Also, I was doing my nurse training and thought I would get in by my own means at later date.

I am only five months away from finishing my studies and it seems from reading other threads on this site that it may be quicker to apply on my boyfriends name? Does anyone have any thoughts/ideas on this subject and would immigration take a dim view to the fact that boyfriend didnt apply originally for my visa?

Hi,

I'm pretty sure it doesn't take long at all being a Nurse. Plus by the time you prove de facto etc, you'd probably have it?

Paul.
Old Aug 25th 2004, 3:33 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What visa to go for?

Originally Posted by cariad

To get a visa as a nurse you will also need a year's experience after qualifying.

G