Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What typical UK foods will I not be able to get in Oz?

Wikiposts

What typical UK foods will I not be able to get in Oz?

Old Mar 29th 2005, 12:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What typical UK foods will I not be able to get in Oz?

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Good to see the humour bypass operation was a success

Hugs,
JTL
Or Kiwi's love the stuff
Old Mar 29th 2005, 12:09 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Good to see the humour bypass operation was a success

Hugs,
JTL
LOl ya cheeky bugger
Old Mar 29th 2005, 12:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I will make a point of going to that place recommended by JTL, (thanks for that) before I go back for my holiday, as a reference point.

Work beckons dammit

(oh well at least it only takes me 10 mins to get there lol)

Have a good night all.
Old Apr 5th 2005, 4:34 am
Just Joined

Timh is an unknown quantity at this point

I have opened up for business with a website www.shoppingfrombritain.com - check it out and give me some orders/feedback. Postage and packing is discounted over the rates that family/friends could send things out to you for, and I am happy to stock extra things if you ask.
Old May 23rd 2005, 3:36 am
Just Joined

nickpbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

& a hint form gary rhodes best of british cookbook... add an egg white, I tried it the other day and they worked for the first time ever.

Marmalade is rubbish here, but DJs does a nice one, but of course, it's about $8 a jar.

Originally Posted by sophia
hiya kala

you can buy a brand called Whisper (whispa?)...they are "always" rebranded I'm sure...anyway they are just as good and thinner than the other stuff available here! Get them in our local woolies.

Surfdude...yorkshire pudding recipe from a yorkshire lass....: 4 heaped tablespoons of plain flour, 2 eggs, pinch of salt, bit of water and milk. Mix the flour, eggs and salt together, slowly add the water/milk until you get a kind of thick cream consistency.

Very important to whisk the mixture thoroughly to get air through the mixture (this helps it to rise)...I use the electric mixer for this. Leave mixture to stand for at least 10 mins...

Make sure oven is really REALLY hot, put pudding tray in oven with a bit of oil in each and heat until the oil is sizzling. Put in mixture and put into oven.

MOST IMPORTANT PART: DO NOT open the oven until they are cooked..otherwise they will go flat. I usually leave them at least 10 mins (depending on your oven) before attempting a sneaky look.

Very easy once you've got the hang of it and remember the two rules!!

love sophia xx

ps, sorry for the rather strange mixture of answers in this post!!!
Old May 23rd 2005, 3:42 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pako
I've been to Oz but not spent enough time there to get to grips with all the differents foods. What typical UK things are not available?
QUORN, as veggies, we do miss Quorn. The beer here is far superior to UK beer, as many have mentioned.
Old May 23rd 2005, 4:47 am
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kismet136
the bags of crisps are so diddy out here!!
Simple answer - eat more packets

Penquin biscuits
Tim Tams are similar and effectively better - loads of different flavours

good old meat n tatie pie
If it ain't Mrs Mac's, take it back!!!! Pies are readily available here

[QUOTE=kismet136]
gravy on your chips in fish and chip shops
QUOTE]

You got me now!! (although my local corner shop does sell chips and gravy)

For all Peter Kay fans out there...

Chip Shop Worker: Down't do gwavy....

Peter Kay: ... 'as tha nowt moist....