Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

At what stage should I put the house on the market?

At what stage should I put the house on the market?

Old May 14th 2005, 5:17 am
superam74

Default At what stage should I put the house on the market?

Hi , My main application was sent off about 4 months ago ,I haven't received any reply whatsoever .I was wondering how far down the road should I go, before I set about putting my house up for sale (tidy 2 bedroom in Devon if anyone's interested lol) Regards, Pete

Old May 14th 2005, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: At what stage should I put the house on the market?

Originally Posted by superam74
Hi , My main application was sent off about 4 months ago ,I haven't received any reply whatsoever .I was wondering how far down the road should I go, before I set about putting my house up for sale (tidy 2 bedroom in Devon if anyone's interested lol) Regards, Pete

Weve put ours on this week, ties in with the medical requests.

We need to sell our house to fund the $100,000 capital investment to receive 5 bonus points. So we really need to find a buyer sooner rather than later. Are you in the same boat or are you already assured of visa success?

good luck
Old May 14th 2005, 6:32 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manxfamily
are you already assured of visa success?
I don't think there's anyone who feels assured. We put ours on 8 weks after meds received by DIMIA we accepted an offer from the first viewer 13 days later and got our grant two days later it couldn't have worked out better
Old May 14th 2005, 7:03 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi , My main application was sent off about 4 months ago ,I haven't received any reply whatsoever

If no reply whatsoever, are you sure that DIMIA have it... Did you not get an ackowledgement email or letter??

Just a thought, 4 months is a long time
What visa have you applied for

Ang
Old May 14th 2005, 7:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fraser
I don't think there's anyone who feels assured. We put ours on 8 weks after meds received by DIMIA we accepted an offer from the first viewer 13 days later and got our grant two days later it couldn't have worked out better
Same here Fraser...we are waiting for the request for meds them we are going to put the house on the market...of course there are more inportant things in life...like the game today...come on you hammers
Old May 14th 2005, 7:13 am
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

where in Devon are you Pete..? You have the same discription house as I have. Im in Newton abbot and mines been on since the beginning of march now and Ive had 3 views and no offers...the market around here at least is swamped with people selling and apparently no buyers...very very slow...Im now beginning to think we may have to go in September and leave the house for the solicitor to sell.You should have had some sort of responce from application by now saying that...have they taken the money...? do you know they've had it...?If I could turn the clock back I would with hindsight put the house on the market at med request stage so back end of last year..possibly even sooner...if you are pretty confident that you have a straight forward case,and high likely to get a visa. Having the visa and being stuck with the house is dreadful,this is worse than waiting for the visa to arrive...
Old May 14th 2005, 7:27 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve2438
come on you hammers
Too right mate
Old May 14th 2005, 10:28 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

we put it on the market after our TRA went off. we know it's a little too soon, but are preapred to rent, rather than be stuck with a house to sell and the visas burning a hole in our pocket!

did you go though an agent. if so, i would check with them to see if they have heard anything. like other people have said, 4 months is a long time for you not to have heard anything!!!!

good luck

michelle
Old May 14th 2005, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

The really boring answer (and I'm sure I'll get my arse kicked for saying it) is don't do anything irreversible until you get your visa!

It says it on all the DIMIA documentation, so you've got no recourse if it goes wrong.

We left our house with my M&D too sell. Actually we left my house with my M&D and they had to sell their own house and move into mine and give me the proceeds but don't tell the taxman

I'm sure their was stamp duty to be paid in that somewhere, but ooops

JTL
Old May 14th 2005, 11:11 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

We'll be putting ours on once the meds are done
Old May 14th 2005, 11:32 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by peppi
where in Devon are you Pete..? You have the same discription house as I have. Im in Newton abbot and mines been on since the beginning of march now and Ive had 3 views and no offers...the market around here at least is swamped with people selling and apparently no buyers...very very slow...Im now beginning to think we may have to go in September and leave the house for the solicitor to sell.You should have had some sort of responce from application by now saying that...have they taken the money...? do you know they've had it...?If I could turn the clock back I would with hindsight put the house on the market at med request stage so back end of last year..possibly even sooner...if you are pretty confident that you have a straight forward case,and high likely to get a visa. Having the visa and being stuck with the house is dreadful,this is worse than waiting for the visa to arrive...

Torquay 3 bed terrace. vry early days for us so not even considering putting onmarket yet but charlie63 on here is also trying to sell in torquay with no joy!!!! :scared:
Old May 14th 2005, 11:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
Torquay 3 bed terrace. vry early days for us so not even considering putting onmarket yet but charlie63 on here is also trying to sell in torquay with no joy!!!! :scared:

Move it a bit to the left.

JTL
Old May 14th 2005, 11:57 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Move it a bit to the left.

JTL

right, thats it, im going to give you a damn good thrashing!
Old May 14th 2005, 11:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fraser
Too right mate
you will never guess who is fitting a new bathroom as we speak.......!!!!!!

he has received inspiration from somewhere and i dont know or care where from but keep it coming!!!!!

woo hoooooo
Old May 14th 2005, 12:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Rooksie
you will never guess who is fitting a new bathroom as we speak.......!!!!!!

he has received inspiration from somewhere and i dont know or care where from but keep it coming!!!!!

woo hoooooo
Manuel?

JTL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.