Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What is regional in the Brisbane Area?

What is regional in the Brisbane Area?

Old Apr 23rd 2004, 7:57 pm
Living the dream.

The MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant future
Default What is regional in the Brisbane Area?

We are thinking of going to Brisbane on the Skilled Regional Visa but I am having trouble finding out what areas near Brisbane are classed as regional. Specifically the names of some suburbs so I can get an idea of prices etc. Anyone willing to help with some place names please??

Dave
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 8:11 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is regional in the Brisbane Area?

Originally posted by The MCs
We are thinking of going to Brisbane on the Skilled Regional Visa but I am having trouble finding out what areas near Brisbane are classed as regional. Specifically the names of some suburbs so I can get an idea of prices etc. Anyone willing to help with some place names please??

Dave
Tis your lucky day see Dave lad cos I just bin reserchin about regional things for someone else. I think this may be of some elp to ee lad:
http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/skilled/regional.htm

An you can check out da thread on da immigration forum dat I bumped earlier dis evnin. Think it was hedded Victoria regional but will be of interest to you my boy.

If not sure after that I suggest you put a thread on the immigration forum just to be sure
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 10:27 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

When you say Skilled Regional visa, what precisely do you mean?

If you mean the new regional independent visa from 1 July, then there's no guarantee that QLD will participate at the start (and the terms of that visa are looking less attractive by the day).

Or are you talking about Skilled Designated Area Sponsored? or something else?

Jeremy

Dave
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

ScuntoBris will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Bix
Tis your lucky day see Dave lad cos I just bin reserchin about regional things for someone else. I think this may be of some elp to ee lad:
http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/skilled/regional.htm

An you can check out da thread on da immigration forum dat I bumped earlier dis evnin. Think it was hedded Victoria regional but will be of interest to you my boy.

If not sure after that I suggest you put a thread on the immigration forum just to be sure

Is de feelin alreet?
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 11:18 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ScuntoBris
Is de feelin alreet?
I am very spiffing old boy thankyou.
And how is the weather in Redcliffe this morn ?
Old Apr 24th 2004, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

ScuntoBris will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Bix
I am very spiffing old boy thankyou.
And how is the weather in Redcliffe this morn ?
Cloudy

And think most of the shops are shut!!!!
Old Apr 25th 2004, 12:55 am
ABCDiamond

I know that QLD 4165 is included in the Skilled Designated Area Sponsored.

http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/ski...htm#desig_area

Old Apr 27th 2004, 6:15 pm
Living the dream.

The MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant future

Thanks for the information . Does NE1 know where I can get a map which has the CBD marked on it . I have seen the list of postcodes but I cannot find a map which relates to them so I am still struggling to work out where is regional and where isn't

I appreciate what JAJ says about QLD possibly not even participating in the new regional skilled visa but we're hoping.:scared: Having said that , If any of you old timers could proffer some suburb or town names which are worth considering please do

Dave
Old Apr 27th 2004, 7:59 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the information . Does NE1 know where I can get a map which has the CBD marked on it . I have seen the list of postcodes but I cannot find a map which relates to them so I am still struggling to work out where is regional and where isn't

I appreciate what JAJ says about QLD possibly not even participating in the new regional skilled visa but we're hoping.:scared: Having said that , If any of you old timers could proffer some suburb or town names which are worth considering please do

Dave
Here's a list of postcodes. Have a look at www.ourbrisbane.com for suburb lists (look under 'Living In').
Old Apr 27th 2004, 8:00 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by wmoore
Here's a list of postcodes. Have a look at www.ourbrisbane.com for suburb lists (look under 'Living In').
Ok so it won't take Excel files....
Attached Files
File Type: zip
postcodes_20040305.zip (142.0 KB, 35 views)
Old Apr 27th 2004, 8:04 pm
Living the dream.

Originally posted by wmoore
Ok so it won't take Excel files....

Excellent, TVM I shall start comparing it to the maps straight away.

Cheers
Dave