Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What are Quantas like to fly with ?

What are Quantas like to fly with ?

Old Jul 2nd 2005, 12:49 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute
Default What are Quantas like to fly with ?

Fairly self explanitory title - we need to validate by end of October so are looking to go in Sept. time.
So far cheapest quotes are for Quantas at around £2400 for 5 of us (2 adults, 3 kids- one of whom has to pay full fare ).
So come on folks give me some feedback, please
Happy Gillian
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 1:02 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are Quantas like to fly with ?

I've had some excellent flights with Qantas, but I know a lot of peole haven't. They seem to be either good or lousy, never consistent! Having said that, the only time I had a bad flight with them was when the cabin crew had been changed at short notice, and weren't happy. Even then it was nothing horrendous, just a bit of grumpiness.
If the price looks OK compared to others, go for it, you could do a lot worse!

Oh, and join their Frequent Flyer programme first - its free to join in the UK, but costs to join from here. Could be useful in the future
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

I found them pretty average, and they seem to charge higher than the other airlines as well. They also have the smallest leg room of all the airlines.

I would recommend Singapore Airlines very highly.

HTH
Katie
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 1:59 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

They are OK, but I wouldnt write home about them. Ive flown with them twice both times to the US & find them reasonably priced but nothing special in the service department. (but then I didnt think Singapore Airlines were that great either ) & Qantas legroom is suposedly a bit less.

If the price is right & price is a major consideration, I'd use them.

Last edited by MrsDagboy; Jul 2nd 2005 at 2:11 pm. Reason: clarification
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 2:02 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=MrsDagboy]They are OK, but their legroom is suposedly a bit less.
QUOTE]

So what if their hostesses are a bit shorter than normal ?
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
They are OK, but I wouldnt write home about them. Ive flown with them twice both times to the US & find them reasonably priced but nothing special in the service department. (but then I didnt think Singapore Airlines were that great either ) & their legroom is suposedly a bit less.

Yeah, I think average describes them quite well. Their planes don't always have the latest gizmos (the games and stuff on the seatback tv arn't too up to date).

Service and food is ok.

JTL
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Malaysian Airlines are meant to be good and have better legroom. Have a look at www.leestravel.co.uk or www.airlinenetwork.co.uk
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
They are OK, but I wouldnt write home about them. Ive flown with them twice both times to the US & find them reasonably priced but nothing special in the service department. (but then I didnt think Singapore Airlines were that great either ) & their legroom is suposedly a bit less.

The leg room with Singapore is supposed to be less, that is intersting as my inlaws were told it had good leg room by the travel agent. Strange. I have short legs anyhow which is handy for airplanes I found the entertainment on SA better, ie you can pick the movie to watch when you want, also pick cds to listen to. Though having said that Quantas may have improved in the last couple of years.

Katie
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 2:07 pm
A New Day at Mid-Night...

pandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nice

Originally Posted by sme
Fairly self explanitory title - we need to validate by end of October so are looking to go in Sept. time.
So far cheapest quotes are for Quantas at around £2400 for 5 of us (2 adults, 3 kids- one of whom has to pay full fare ).
Happy Gillian
Excellent I am moving tomorrow with Quatas...to Melbourne.. They allowed 55 kg after request...
All the best..
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 2:10 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KatieStar
The leg room with Singapore is supposed to be less, that is intersting as my inlaws were told it had good leg room by the travel agent. Strange. I have short legs anyhow which is handy for airplanes I found the entertainment on SA better, ie you can pick the movie to watch when you want, also pick cds to listen to. Though having said that Quantas may have improved in the last couple of years.

Katie
Sorry Katie, I meant Qantas leg room is supposed to be less, not Singapore. I'll edit my post to make it clearer.
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sme
Happy Gillian
Look at this http://www.airlinequality.com/2005/airline-05-ent.htm

Last year they were at number 1. And by the way it's QANTAS
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of

Oh, and join their Frequent Flyer programme first - its free to join in the UK, but costs to join from here. Could be useful in the future [/QUOTE]

Great minds think alike!!
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

I found them pretty average, and they seem to charge higher than the other airlines as well. They also have the smallest leg room of all the airlines.

I would recommend Singapore Airlines very highly.

HTH
Katie
WRONG!!!! They have the SAME legroom as BA, Virgin etc at 31". SIA have 32".
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

I stand corrected lol Singapore have a whole inch more though so I was right about that. According to my websearch (being pregnant and not working has given me too much time) Malaysian airlines have the best legroom with 34 inches.

Katie
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

I stand corrected lol Singapore have a whole inch more though so I was right about that. According to my websearch (being pregnant and not working has given me too much time) Malaysian airlines have the best legroom with 34 inches.

Katie
Trust a women to be concerned about inches I think you are right about Malaysian. I don't think in reality an inch makes much difference

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.