Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What notes are current ??

What notes are current ??

Old Dec 24th 2010, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

MUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really nice
Default What notes are current ??

Someone has given me a few $notes, but with different pictures on.
So I was wondering what is legal tender.

I have a $10 with a guy riding a horse one sdie and a stern looking woman the other

Then I have 3 $5 bills. 1 has Henry Parkes one side and Catherine Spence
the other 2 have a building one side and the queen the other.

Are they good ?????
Old Dec 24th 2010, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Bibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud of
Default Re: What notes are current ??

http://www.rba.gov.au/banknotes/types/
Old Dec 25th 2010, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

MUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really nice

Thanks, never thought to look there !
So there are 2 $5 bills in use ????

Old Dec 26th 2010, 4:59 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: What notes are current ??

Originally Posted by MUST LEAVE UK
Thanks, never thought to look there !
So there are 2 $5 bills in use ????

Yep.
Old Dec 26th 2010, 12:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

One of my friends in Hong Kong received some AUD notes from his grandmother who last visited Australia 30+ years ago. They were huge comparing to today's notes. Not knowing if they were still current, he gave to me those notes, totalling $900, and I managed to deposit them into my HSBC account here. 2 months ago he and his wife visited Brisbane. Needless to say they didn't bring any cash or use their credit card.

Mrs JTL