Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What, no M.& S. in Oz?

What, no M.& S. in Oz?

Old Feb 5th 2004, 5:05 pm
Keelie

Default What, no M.& S. in Oz?

Just for fun.. here's a list of the most fashionable, well-dressed tourist rankings:

1.Italians
2.British
3.French
4.Spanish
5.Canadians (tied with Japanese)
6.Chinese
7.Irish and Danish
8.Americans
9.Swedes
10.Australians
11.Russians
12.Germans.

Stock up on those quality British gladrags before you leave...unless of course shorts, t-shirts and thongs are all you need.

Old Feb 5th 2004, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What, no M.& S. in Oz?

Originally posted by Keelie
Just for fun.. here's a list of the most fashionable, well-dressed tourist rankings:

1.Italians
2.British
3.French
4.Spanish
6.Chinese
7.Irish and Danish
8.Americans
9.Swedes
10.Australians
11.Russians
12.Germans.

Stock up on those quality British gladrags before you leave...unless of course shorts, t-shirts and thongs are all you need.

Surprised to see the Brits ahead of the French!! How did that happen!

Bush people in Oz tend to dress for practicality rather than style buut city folk are very very well heeled. Melbourne (also deemed 'fashion capital of Oz') has got an amazing array of stylish and individual clothes shops for men and women - I'm now of the opinion that I prefer Melbourne shopping to Liverpool or Manchester (can't vouch for London as never go). There seems to be far more selction and variety, and better priced. But I did miss M&S for my undies!
Old Feb 5th 2004, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
Surprised to see the Brits ahead of the French!! How did that happen!

Bush people in Oz tend to dress for practicality rather than style buut city folk are very very well heeled. Melbourne (also deemed 'fashion capital of Oz') has got an amazing array of stylish and individual clothes shops for men and women - I'm now of the opinion that I prefer Melbourne shopping to Liverpool or Manchester (can't vouch for London as never go). There seems to be far more selction and variety, and better priced. But I did miss M&S for my undies!
French clothes are either extremely pricey (designer labels) or boring/low quality. When you think of the French being well dressed etc. it's just Paris / Chamonix etc. I think we've actually got more choice here! French birds also get away with their red lippy, heels etc. bit like a uniform? Give me creoles and "Maid in Portsmouth" anyday!
Larissa
PS Can you spot the line of complete twaddle?
Old Feb 5th 2004, 6:06 pm
Keelie

I quote..... "While the Brits won high marks for their elegant evening wear, and the French were voted tre's chic for their 'exquisite taste' and perfect accessories.

The Germans, however, were warned that less is not more when it comes to men in swimwear.

Their skimpy male swimsuits were criticized for leaving little to the imagination, earning Germans the dubious honour of worst (and least?) dressed country on the list, behind Russia.

Old Feb 5th 2004, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

The Germans, however, were warned that less is not more when it comes to men in swimwear.

Their skimpy male swimsuits were criticized for leaving little to the imagination, earning Germans the dubious honour of worst (and least?) dressed country on the list, behind Russia.

I'm eating!!!! Please!
Old Feb 5th 2004, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all

I cant believe that the british came second !!! Are sandals with socks and union jack boxers in vogue now !!
Old Feb 5th 2004, 6:47 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

1.Italians
2.British
3.French
4.Spanish
6.Chinese
7.Irish and Danish
8.Americans
9.Swedes
10.Australians
11.Russians
12.Germans.

where did you get those facts from??