Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What A nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!

What A nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Apr 2nd 2004, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default What A nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!

Well cannot believe it.
Just found out about the new increased passsmark for Skilled Independent Visa 136 now 120 points.
We are still waiting for the TRA which was lodged April 13th.
Spoken to Our agent and she is going to e-mail them to see if they can fax through the assesment if they have not yet done it then we are well and truly Knackered.
Would not mind but we spent extra money to have it fast tracked too.
We will know hopefully by Monday if we still have a chance .
This weekend is not going to be good
We could still have a chance of a temporary visa on the regional programme out in July just hope the list of postcodes includes where we want to live.
There must be so many people out there who will just of had there Dreams shattered by this announcement.
One Days notice of the changes.
Makes you wonder if they do not want any more migrants to OZ as they appear to be making it even harder for us to get in.
Its all too Political for me.
Can you imagine if the UK adopted the same approach there would be an uproar.
Well enough of my moaning well theres a will theres a way they say.
If we are not successful with the 136 we shall have to wait and see what the regional visa offers in July.
More Waiting I suppose we should be used to it by now.
Yes and today I feel I have just cause to be a whinging pom!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 11:08 am
99.99999% there !

EssexNobby is an unknown quantity at this point

It's a poor situation alright, made all the worse for rushing through the new legislation .

Seems like us potential migrants have to wait 18+ months for the people in charge to process our case but only a couple of weeks if they want to move the goalposts.

It's not cricket really is it ?
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 11:14 am
experienced member

Lordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud of

Originally posted by EssexNobby
It's a poor situation alright, made all the worse for rushing through the new legislation .

Seems like us potential migrants have to wait 18+ months for the people in charge to process our case but only a couple of weeks if they want to move the goalposts.

It's not cricket really is it ?

I Agree - i'm just going through the RPL Stage with ACS (Skills assessment) - wasn't too pleased when I heard the news yesterday.

I wonder how the Aussie authorities will police / monitor living in regional Australia on a temporary Visa? I wanted to live in Brisbane!!!
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 11:22 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Lordhorrace
I Agree - i'm just going through the RPL Stage with ACS (Skills assessment) - wasn't too pleased when I heard the news yesterday.

I wonder how the Aussie authorities will police / monitor living in regional Australia on a temporary Visa? I wanted to live in Brisbane!!!
Have a look at the list of postcodes that are currently considered 'regional'. They include many Brisbane suburbs, so long as you are prepared to commute 30-40 mins it won't be a problem. Haven't got the link handy but it was on a post from George Lombard early morning today.
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 11:29 am
experienced member

Lordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud ofLordhorrace has much to be proud of

Cheers that would be really helpful!
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes thats right.
I have looked at the list.
I have looked at the postcodes for WA and they are 6041-6044
6121-6126 and 6200-6799.
Now if these are the same in July then we should be okay as Mandurah is 6210 and thats where we are looking at anyway about a 40 min comute to Perth for anyone who's interested.
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Dreamaway 10
Yes thats right.
I have looked at the list.
I have looked at the postcodes for WA and they are 6041-6044
6121-6126 and 6200-6799.
Now if these are the same in July then we should be okay as Mandurah is 6210 and thats where we are looking at anyway about a 40 min comute to Perth for anyone who's interested.

Well I for one will keep my fingers crossed for you!!!!
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the support Sandra.All will be revealed on Monday,if not then we will have to go for the other option but we are not going to let this beat us!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 1:49 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default in the same boat mate?

we delivered our visa forms to the agent today but we are awaiting our skills assesment!! our agent is chasing up tra aswell!! the problem is taking into account the two weekends & the easter hols they are working to a six day window, for the decision to be rushed thro in two weeks is an absolute disgrace.

Trying to remain positive but after a sleepless night and a day of mad rushing about it's been hard, just be thankful u r still in with a chance, a lot of peoples dreams were totally blown out the water.
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road

The problem with this is that they may require you to also work in a regional area, that means the commutable distance is irrelevent.

I've spent all afternoon mapping out where we can settle that would be near Brisbane as we wanted to be Bayside with our family but that's not going to happen now, at least not for a couple of years! You can live mostly north of Redcliffe area and in the west of the city, i.e Ipswich area and beyond.

My next job is to try and find info on industry in those areas as we were hoping to get a decent IT role but not sure whether those areas would have such work, we certain we would need to be based in the city.

Anyone know of any IT agencies based on the Sunshine Coast??

sandy
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road

Then of course you could hop over the border to NSW as that is classed as regional! Tweed Heads - Buladelah could be an option!

As stated on an earlier post, I'm happy to go anywhere for a couple of years, so long as we can get the work!

sandy
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 6:28 pm

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Dreamaway 10
Thanks for the support Sandra.All will be revealed on Monday,if not then we will have to go for the other option but we are not going to let this beat us!!!!!!!!
I like your attitude! It's great - go for it - you want something bad enough you'll get it alright one way or another.

Keeping my fingers crossed for all you guys
x
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 7:02 pm
wombat42

Bad luck your not a Terrorist or a drug dealer from a certain region of the world, these people don't seem to have any trouble immigrating to Australia.