Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What is Nerang like? Gold coast

What is Nerang like? Gold coast

Old Jul 27th 2006, 9:09 am
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light
Default What is Nerang like? Gold coast

Can anyone me an insight on Nerang. I believe is not far from the Gold Coast and Brisbane. I have 4 Children aging from 3 to 17 years old. Would this be a good place to settle?

Cheers
Old Jul 27th 2006, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Default Re: What is Nerang like? Gold coast

Originally Posted by julie hilton
Can anyone me an insight on Nerang. I believe is not far from the Gold Coast and Brisbane. I have 4 Children aging from 3 to 17 years old. Would this be a good place to settle?

Cheers
To be honest of all the places on the Gold coast it probably has the worst reputation hence why they call people from Nerang Nerangatangs. But i have to say coming where i come from its not at all bad and does have some nice areas with homes over $1 million. We having our house built just up the road and are not concerned about being that close.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 9:17 am
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by karenjc
To be honest of all the places on the Gold coast it probably has the worst reputation hence why they call people from Nerang Nerangatangs. But i have to say coming where i come from its not at all bad and does have some nice areas with homes over $1 million. We having our house built just up the road and are not concerned about being that close.
How far it to the beaches and are they good bus routes? Also is Nerang a big town??

Thanks
Old Jul 27th 2006, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Its about 15/20 minutes in a car to the beach. The town has everything you need with all the usual stores and a large industrial area alongside the motorway. As Nerang is one of the oldest and most populated areas on the coast it is well serviced by buses. It has a train station that takes you to Brisbane and the airport.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 9:31 am
Got our visas

This does sound a good place to settle. I intend to rent for a while before we buy.

Is this a poplar place for the English to settle?

Cheers
Old Jul 27th 2006, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes ............. its called Australia
Old Jul 27th 2006, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Plenty of rentals so as long as you have what they require then that should not be a problem.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

There's no real centre, it's patchy with lots of mini-centres. And the station is completely detached. Robina and Helensvale are both nicer.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 9:37 am
Got our visas

Do you have a good websites on Nerang? Any pics etc?

Thanks
Old Jul 27th 2006, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks
Sorry no. Try a goggle search. You may find something via Nerang high schools site.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 10:03 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lesleys
There's no real centre, it's patchy with lots of mini-centres. And the station is completely detached. Robina and Helensvale are both nicer.
Down the bottom's not bad either. Someone on here is in Nerang but her name escapes me at the moment. Will check my PMs and come back to you. You can pm her
Old Jul 27th 2006, 10:16 am
Got our visas

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Down the bottom's not bad either. Someone on here is in Nerang but her name escapes me at the moment. Will check my PMs and come back to you. You can pm her

That would be great if you can find her PM

Cheers
Old Jul 27th 2006, 11:45 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

That would be great if you can find her PM

Cheers

Hi Julie,

We are not far in Benowa which is nice, we have driven through Nerang a few times and it seems fine to me... thing is with places you do get a feel when you have a look around.
I have 2 kids 11 and 8 and they both go to Benowa Primary, but there is also a good chioce of high schools from this area too.
Good luck in your search
Jane
xx
Old Jul 27th 2006, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Hi Julie,

Me again, Bracknell/Binfield man!

If you require a suburb report and low down of Nerang then please P.M me and I would be glad to provide you with any information you require.

Tony
Old Jul 27th 2006, 12:46 pm
Got our visas

Originally Posted by Gold Coaster
Hi Julie,

Me again, Bracknell/Binfield man!

If you require a suburb report and low down of Nerang then please P.M me and I would be glad to provide you with any information you require.

Tony

Yes I will do that. I'm just doing some research on jobs etc at the moment, i will be in touch.

Cheers for that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.