Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What is the most expensive suburb of Sydney to live in?

What is the most expensive suburb of Sydney to live in?

Old Aug 17th 2005, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default What is the most expensive suburb of Sydney to live in?

Just curious.....am thinking about going to Manly and think that this is surely up there!

SS
Old Aug 17th 2005, 6:49 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: What is the most expensive suburb of Sydney to live in?

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Just curious.....am thinking about going to Manly and think that this is surely up there!

SS
Double Pay?

Fake leopard skins, gold mercedes and orthodonture to die for.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 6:49 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

I should think Double Bay tops the list?

http://afr.com/articles/2004/10/07/1097089486140.html

SS
Old Aug 17th 2005, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Double Bay - never heard of it. Guess that goes to show how much of a millionaire I am not!!

Cheers, SS
Old Aug 17th 2005, 6:55 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

One of the cruises (term used lightly!) that you can pick up from Circular Quay goes 'round the likes of Double Bay. Some truly fantastic views and a snoop at the homes of the rich and famous thrown in for free!

Double Bay - never heard of it. Guess that goes to show how much of a millionaire I am not!!

Cheers, SS
Old Aug 17th 2005, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Haha..I'll give it a go! And then retreat to my one bed unit!!

SS
Old Aug 17th 2005, 7:33 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Geordie George
I should think Double Bay tops the list?

http://afr.com/articles/2004/10/07/1097089486140.html
In particular Point Piper. Double Bay shopping precinct used to be prestigious but has now seen better days. The harbour side properties and those with a view cost the money. If you go there you can tell tast cannot be bought.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

We stayed at Double Bay for a few days. We were at that really posh hotel (can't remember the name) but apparently Bill Clinton stayed there.
I'm certainly no chav, nor upper class twit, but boy do i enjoy irritating a snob!!

Double Bay has got to be one of the most pretentious, head up your own bum places i have ever been to.
My daughter made a bet with me after a few G&T's. I had to turn up at the hotel wearing flip flops (thongs) torn T shirt with coke stains down the front, and chew gum at the conciege. I did. What fun. And daughter had to buy me dinner

I wouldnt live there even if i could afford to.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

Storini will become famous soon enoughStorini will become famous soon enough

I think Palm Beach has its quota of $$$ properties & people.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 7:53 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Flutterscutter
We stayed at Double Bay for a few days. We were at that really posh hotel (can't remember the name) but apparently Bill Clinton stayed there.
I'm certainly no chav, nor upper class twit, but boy do i enjoy irritating a snob!!

Double Bay has got to be one of the most pretentious, head up your own bum places i have ever been to.
My daughter made a bet with me after a few G&T's. I had to turn up at the hotel wearing flip flops (thongs) torn T shirt with coke stains down the front, and chew gum at the conciege. I did. What fun. And daughter had to buy me dinner

That is probably where Michael Hutchence autoaspyxiated himself.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 7:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flutterscutter

We stayed at Double Bay for a few days. We were at

Head up your bum place in qld would have to be Noosa, the botox belles class or down south Torak or Brighton, hilarious upper class who do fake english accents, dress their babies in D&G hats, and pretend suburbs like Dandenong dont exist.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bondipom
That is probably where Michael Hutchence autoaspyxiated himself.

yes, and i can empathise with him!